• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Limbo Land

M

macca78

Hi everyone

I'm stuck in LImbo Land...been waiting nearly year for referral to a psychiatrist. Don't have the bottle to go through crisis team - feel it would break my parent's hearts and I'm letting them down, and shying away from seeing doctors now. A GP I loved and spoke to about stuff on regular basis left in August and I'm still really really sad and desolate about that. Anyway, I'm just supressing everything but I'm low now and self harmed last night after drinking two bottles of wine, have only ever hurt myself twice, first time was August 2008. But even though I've been low since last Thursday I have had 2 occasions when I have been super hyper for about 4 hours each time, then a plummet. So drained!

Anyway, thanks for listening.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I know waits are long but that seems very long and unfair if you need any treatment. Worth chasing up maybe?

iffybob

iffybob

?

You can just call the crisis team, they dont have to come out... it may just be worth having a chat with them , may be ask them to chase up the psychiatrist referal ..... and give you an idea how much longer you will have to wait ... !, a year sounds way too long..

M

macca78

Thanks. Maybe I should just go down this route then, just can't do this anymore!

J

jekel1

hello

you really need to call the crisis team they can talk to you over the phone or come out ad hey can get you an appointment faster for you . just call them and explain x hope you feel better soon