• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

like digital signals or a modem

D

dodecahedron

plugging the ears with the fingers to make silence and in the silence i hear what seems to be a modem or a digital signal with electrical tones. Does anyone know why or does anyone have this?

parker

parker

I worked in a foundry (in the shake out department) for 4 yrs, plus loud music and shooting guns, really did my hearing in. I have tinnitus really bad so i have all kinds of whistling and rining going on. Once in awhile i'll hear a loud ringtone, for some reason the voices get more active when this happens. I think because it draws my attention inwards, and thats what the voices like.

iffybob

iffybob

It could also be the blood rushing through you head, it sound a bit like white noise ......

...... but not regular ... Ithink every one hears it ....

C

coraline1664

I get the same, if I do it for long enough, starts off as a clear rushing noise, and then I hear a very fast high pitched beep. I think iffybob is correct, what we are both describing is normal.

D

dodecahedron

It may be tinitus. I've had this since I was a boy. You may find this interesting reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus
It could be common enough not to suggest a sickness, but not really sure if Tinnitus is the right name for it. Ten years ago I would hear only tones like chords on glass bells all the time. I would spend those years in silence and solitude often. These intellectual sounds would be constant and unchanging, or changing too slowly to notice. Nowadays it really does seem much different--really like a computer. Something probably more like digital HAM radio modems than telephone modems.

Returncc

Returncc

Tinnitus

I never had Tinnitus before, but after hearing voices, I now have Tinnitus or something like that all the time, God is ringing my ears because the voices have power over him and he does this to give them a sense of power and to ring them in, but it is my ears that hear the pitch tone, and it goes up and down as my voices see fit, they cannot be trusted. But before they had control over it, God would do that as a signal to indicate he wanted me to stop and think because the responses from the voices were approaching a confrontation that he would prefer to avoid. I.e. change your future location, or understand the chances of not twigging a control freak voice listening person, he was letting listen in, etc.

D

dodecahedron

Strangely, unless who ever writes about 'god' was a Saint, like Aquinas or Augustine, I often feel a little bit repelled. But, that really was a clever thing to say, that last post.

bert tomato

bert tomato

Do you think all the information we throw around wirelessly interferes with our brains? It is probably harmless, but it could be an explanation? What do you think?