• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Life Long Stress; Lack of Motivation

PurpleDaffodils

PurpleDaffodils

I have had depression my whole life and I have managed, I’ve fought through it, survived somehow but lately I’m trying so hard to fight giving up... my dad wants me to go back to college, he tells me if I don’t I have to pay rent I can’t afford. I have bills that I gained while in an abusive relationship (Financial abuse and manipulation was involved.) I can’t afford school because I have to work to pay that debt and not only do I not make enough as is I can’t afford to lose any hours.

My job consists of me getting yelled at, heavy lifting, and customer service... I sometimes resort to drinking on my breaks to get through my day (Sometimes 9 hrs of standing and lifting, I’m not allowed to sit down despite having inflammatory arthritis.) I have been religiously writing/drawing a graphic novel but I’ve lost motivation in everything. I want to drink. I want to sleep and that’s really it... I feel so overwhelmed with my life, I feel like I’ve fallen so far behind that I’m lost for good, that everything is hopeless. I get so anxious thinking about what I’m supposed to do...

I don’t know what I want to go to school for... I don't know what I want out of life. I feel like happiness is unobtainable for me... I can’t even picture a future for myself that is happy without if feeling like a work of fiction. I just want to breathe without this burden of life constricting the air from my lungs. I don’t know what tethers me here anymore. It’s like I’m floating in space and one swift tug and I’ll be free, weightless and floating endlessly. I feel so far from the world, I feel like I’ve already let go, I’m just waiting for the release of that line.

The Owl

The Owl

Seems to me you are depressed !

You have same feelings as me ! Fed up of being told what to do. Things just seem pointless, because your not moving forward. You are just static. :sorry: Ive been listening to Pappa don't preach by Madonna !!! I'll try not to do that....

This is what I would suggest. Reduce the booze, its just numbing you emotions and you need to stop sleeping all the time and talk to some one. You need to find a way to unburden your mind. This will give you clarity.

Set yourself some achieverble goals.... Nothing to big, just simple things... When you achieve them, you will feel better, then get to the doc and tell them how you are struggling. Remember booze and drugs don't mix.

I want you to beat all you are strugling with. Be positive. "You are stronger that you think!" (Thats a Winnie the pooh Quote!" See my posts are Educational!) Often boring but educational... :p

Best Wishes let me know how you get on. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Finally opening up to anybody in my life, might be a long read im sorry Depression Forum 5
T New mum with life long issues with depression Depression Forum 3
L The lonely life of an attractive healthy relatively young male, LONG post, depressing Depression Forum 3
C Depression is ruining my life! - Long post, Please help Depression Forum 7
A Life long episodes Depression Forum 1
P No interest in life, long term depression... long rant Depression Forum 4
T My life story: Sexuality/Religion/Personal issues (It is LONG FYI) Do I have an anxiety disorder or depression what is it? Depression Forum 1
P Nothing feels right anymore. I honestly hate my life so much!! Depression Forum 7
M I have never met someone with such a flawless life besides my coworker Depression Forum 36
A i feel so tired of life Depression Forum 5
M how do you feel about your life in one word? Depression Forum 52
1 Life Depression Forum 21
D I'm sick of my life Depression Forum 7
M I’m 31 and literally have nothing to look forward to in my life Depression Forum 28
JogoLagomorpha This life is a prison Depression Forum 8
I What's going on with me? Life's been so weird. Advice and input are appreciated. Depression Forum 2
JogoLagomorpha My life is worthless Depression Forum 3
MeAndMyDepression Are you afraid of dying without having done anything meaningful in your life? Depression Forum 54
MeAndMyDepression Has anyone ever worn the "Life is Good" brand of clothing? Depression Forum 4
B I have a great life, still feel like shit most days Depression Forum 12
M Sad life Depression Forum 11
W My life is over Depression Forum 7
G My Twisted Life And Plans Depression Forum 13
mirrormaker is this everything life has to offer? Depression Forum 15
B Since committing to living, I've found life quite exhausting Depression Forum 6
B Whats the point of life Depression Forum 34
P Life is bleak Depression Forum 6
L Feeling unloved,lonely and stuck in life Depression Forum 4
G I'm scared that life won't get better. Depression Forum 7
KittyCat92 What is the meaning of life? Depression Forum 19
K On top of it all. The love of my life left me today. Depression Forum 19
oldboy im destroying my life Depression Forum 4
S Hate my life more and more Depression Forum 5
W pms ruining my life Depression Forum 7
B Next life Depression Forum 13
P Just Venting About My Life Depression Forum 4
H Depression and home life Depression Forum 8
KittyCat92 Impacts on everyday life? Depression Forum 14
L Life stress Depression Forum 10
N I WILL NEVER ACHIEVE ANYTHING BETTER IN LIFE Depression Forum 16
KaoticKiss I need help with life!!! Depression Forum 55
J Nothing is Going Well for Me. At All. My Life Is Pointless. Depression Forum 6
R My work and home life is making me depressed. Advice please. Depression Forum 2
T Does the rush of life diminish as you get older? Depression Forum 5
DistantOcean Rap about my struggles with life Depression Forum 4
almost brave My life is what I’m fighting for... Depression Forum 17
meromrphc i'm scared of meeting my online friends in real life Depression Forum 4
Blooming Life feels so hopeless ... Depression Forum 31
S All alone and trapped in life Depression Forum 7
S Depressed no confidence or hope in life. Depression Forum 6