• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

life gets better

T

tanya

hello everyone, i took my first overdose at thirteen life continued in that way for the next twenty five years i have spent ten years on anti depressants have self harmed and had ocd, i have had counselling and been off anti depressants for a year (withdraw symptoms not nice) but with help I did it. people treat mental health like you have plague and forget that it is a true illness, there is light at the end of the tunnel and even in the darkest of moments life does get better:)

T

tanya

hi there

Well done tanya.
I wish there had been forums like this years ago, even my own family would call me names a they had no undersanding of what it is like to have a mental illness and anti- depressants were looked upon as a weakness, thanks so much for your reply and friendship:)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Yes - well done Tanya. It's great to hear from someone who has been through so much yet can still see the light at the end of the tunnel... I need reminding of this every now and then (well, ok, all the time!) so thank you.

Welcome to the forum, I hope that you find it a friendly and supportive place - there are some great people here!

Take care.