• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Life feels so hopeless ...

Blooming

Blooming

The corona situation tears me down. When shall life start to become normal again? Will it ever be normal?

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

I've been fighting moodiness from the lockdown and stay at home orders. I hope it ends soon and life for everyone gets back to normal :hug:

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Dr Anthony Fauci said the following on April 10th in Insider:

"It's very difficult to predict, but I would think that we would approach some degree of normality as we get towards the end of the summer and into the fall, and a considerable degree of normality as we get into the winter of this coming year," he told Insider in a recent interview.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Dr Anthony Fauci said the following on April 10th in Insider:

"It's very difficult to predict, but I would think that we would approach some degree of normality as we get towards the end of the summer and into the fall, and a considerable degree of normality as we get into the winter of this coming year," he told Insider in a recent interview.
A normal Christmas with friends and family would be wonderful

E

EclipticNight

The truth is life will never be what it was. We just survived a world wide plague. That's effected most of us. For the rest of our lives we will always remember the steps to keep safe from a virus. We will have a new normal. Some people may not be as touchy feely anymore and some may keep distance by habit. Soon we can shed the masks at least. Also dont worry about touching things and getting the virus, bew studies show it's a very remote chance.

Blooming

Blooming

I've been fighting moodiness from the lockdown and stay at home orders. I hope it ends soon and life for everyone gets back to normal :hug:
Well, it is all these alarming "reports" that disturbs me. In some way I managed to go on until New year, but then the vaccines were delayed. I will have my second doze of Pfizer in the middle of May. Hope that that will make life a bit more easy. But we will need a new doze of Pfizer in a year. That is OK, but what worries me is the Brazilian variant and the Indian variant. The vaccine does not give full protection against these. It's about; "How many variants will develop?" that worries me.

Today I have given a d..n in everything.😝 Have not done a thing. The living room absolutely need a cleaning. You know what? I feel so good to sit here in all this mess.🤫 :)

I think it's about to have to pull myself together day after day, week after week and now the corona situation has lasted for more than a year. 😱 It is not strange that the body goes to strike ...

Have a good day! 🙂

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

Well, it is all these alarming "reports" that disturbs me. In some way I managed to go on until New year, but then the vaccines were delayed. I will have my second doze of Pfizer in the middle of May. Hope that that will make life a bit more easy. But we will need a new doze of Pfizer in a year. That is OK, but what worries me is the Brazilian variant and the Indian variant. The vaccine does not give full protection against these. It's about; "How many variants will develop?" that worries me.

Today I have given a d..n in everything.😝 Have not done a thing. The living room absolutely need a cleaning. You know what? I feel so good to sit here in all this mess.🤫 :)

I think it's about to have to pull myself together day after day, week after week and now the corona situation has lasted for more than a year. 😱 It is not strange that the body goes to strike ...

Have a good day! 🙂
I am not getting the vaccine. At least not yet. With all the lockdowns on and off every month or so for the past year and the stay at home orders I doubt I would get covid anyway. I've been spending most of my time online or in the woods. When I do go out with friends it is fishing or some kind of outdoor activity where we are far apart but can still talk from a distance. I only get groceries when the store is almost empty and most people are sleeping. Everything else I order online. I wash every time I touch something and spray every package with lysol that comes in the mail. I've made a routine over the past year and have basically become a hermit. That is the stuff I am excited to see the end of. I want to go back to traveling, have a social life again.. not wash 20 times a day. It is incredible to think of all the things taken for granted before 2020.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Whatever normal becomes; It defiantly won't look like the old normal. To me this is the biggest struggle. Any current vaccine is not a cure. Current vaccines (mostly) prevent death, you can still get it, and transmit it with a vaccine. Humans need to understand that we are not in charge right now. We are all just spectators at the covid show.

I am thankful for mindfulness when it comes to thinking about covid. We need to figure out a way to reduce our pain response to this pandemic. I have spent a lifetime terrified of being alone. As a child I was locked in my room so my mum could hide her drinking from me. I hate being alone. That was before covid.

We/I need to learn how to enjoy life with however it presents itself. I kind of feel like people who already struggled with mental health have an advantage. You probably already know about mindfulness. Or the importance of self care. Or understand that Minecraft might be fun, but you can't play it for 4 days nonstop.

I am seriously struggling with this as well. Before covid, I was off work for over a year. It took all I had to stand up and join some groups and try to make friends. I went back to work because of covid. There was now way the additional loineless was going to help me. I sit here today and wonder if I might need to take some time off again. But I already spent everything I had. I need to work to prevent homelessness. So now I spend a lot of time practicing being happy. I get up early and take the dog for a good walk when no one is around. Gonna cook myself a kick ass roast beef for dinner. Spend no more than an hour busting Minecraft blocks tonight. And I just realized I haven't had a good wrestle with my dog lately. So I guess he gets extra treats and playtime tonight.

There is a real possibility that covid will haunt us for the rest of our lives. We need to learn how to accept and reduce our pain response to covid. I'll let you know if I can figure that out for myself lol

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

[QUOTE="TooMuchPain, post: 2486395, member:

There is a real possibility that covid will haunt us for the rest of our lives. We need to learn how to accept and reduce our pain response to covid. I'll let you know if I can figure that out for myself lol
[/QUOTE]

I don't see covid any different then the Spanish flu, black plague, or any of the other things written in history mankind overcame. Even gout was a killer at one time.. and so was infections. I believe we will over come this like everything else.. just takes time. :hug:

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I believe we will overcome covid as well. We might have to get a covid shot every year, like we do for the flu, which is constantly mutating.

Maybe we will eradicate covid like we did for smallpox. There's not a single case of smallpox anywhere in the world. (Look up images of smallpox to see how disfiguring it was.)

An estimated 300 million people died from smallpox in the 20th century alone. This virulent disease, which kills a third of those it infects, is known to have co-existed with human beings for thousands of years.

J

JeanPierre

So y'all in the U.K. and Canada have been locked down completely all year?
Your food shops have remained open, I'm sure.

Your roads to travel? Is that restricted?
I'm checking because I read on here it was a stay - at - home order? Still?

B

BoutonLune

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So y'all in the U.K. and Canada have been locked down completely all year?
Your food shops have remained open, I'm sure.

Your roads to travel? Is that restricted?
I'm checking because I read on here it was a stay - at - home order? Still?
No I don't think so. Hard for me to say how it was previous months of the lockdown as only started going outside recently lol. But now, I can say shops are open. I even have a hairdressers appointment booked! Which regardless of covid is a big thing for me 😃

Still have to wear masks in the shops, but from my perspective things are looking pretty good outside. No masks walking down the street, and people are not behaving stand offish at all. Very friendly in fact 🙂

Edited to Add: I'm from the UK for those who don't know 😊

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

In Ontario, Canada, we are under a stay at home order. We are supposed to only go outside for essentials like groceries, exercise. Most commercial business are closed to indoor shopping. Roadside pickup only. I work at a brand new satellite office (I should be working right now. shhhh) by myself. So working for me really isn't an issue. But our main office just closed for 2 weeks because covid showed up. I think the boss tried to deal with it. each new case brought stricter measures. No lunch room. No taking off your mask. Plexiglass around everyone's cubicle. Everyone in that office was sent home for two weeks. Ontario is on track to become the worst spot in North America. That's a little scary to me.

The government just tried to give the police power to stop anyone they want to question you on why you are outside. Thankfully, most police departments publicly stated they will not stop people at random for questioning.