• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Life after suicide

F

firemonkee57

About this programme

The leading cause of death in men below 50 is suicide, yet people still seem reluctant to talk about it. Birkenhead woman Angela Samata, whose partner Mark took his own life 11 years ago, meets others who have suffered a similar loss, asking why some people choose to take their own lives and whether those left behind can ever come to terms with their bereavement. Those she meets include Downton Abbey actor David Robb, talking about the death of his actress wife Briony McRoberts in 2013, a Somerset farmer and his five young daughters, and a Norfolk woman who is living with the suicides of both her husband and son.

Radio Times | TV news and guide, TV and radio listings, film reviews guide

Kerome

Kerome

It's the main reason why I don't hold with suicide as a valid way of leaving life, it leaves so much unfinished. You leave behind loved ones, and who knows about your life's spiritual purpose, perhaps the whole point was to struggle against the notion of suicide.

If you have to leave this life early because it is just so unbearable, then do it properly and request euthanasia in a place where it is legal to do so. That way you can properly take leave of the family, let them come to terms with it, and so on.

S

sci31A

If there is no one but you. Then there really is nothing left behind. Death is the end of everything: pain, suffering and everything else.

I tried to commit suicide a number of times when I was younger I've limped on ever since thinking maybe it had been better if I had passed away?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I do want to watch this but i'll have to remember to keep myself safe and stop watching if it gets too much.

I hope that it starts a conversation and raises awareness about the horribly high male suicide rate.