Library of motivations

M

Michael

Founding Member
Dollit has given me over the past months some quite thought provoking words which have helped me throughout my journey.
It would be a shame - no criminal - if these and others were consigned to the annuls never to see light again.
So I would ask everyone who has any thoughts, poetry, prose, or mantras that has helped them, to publish them here for us all to read.
Some might seem particular to a specific type of person - but that person may be reading this -

It helps me so it may help others just to get through the day or over a particular bad time.

Michael:)

M

Michael

Founding Member
mmmh not a popular topic as I would have hoped.
The following is one that I try and read and bring to mind during the bad times, maybe you will like it?

Picture this, a river meanders down a narrow ravine into a gully whose side’s channel and narrow the flow turning it to a raging torrent.
Water churning and foaming, colours of the rainbow spread as the droplets break out of the mass of flow.
The roaring water cascades down, hitting the rocks the volume increases as the flow progresses.
Trees emerge from the sides, their roots fanning out looking for the meagre niche in the rocks and boulders in which to take hold.
The trunks rise and spread their arms into a canopy of green as it catches the spray from beneath and the sun from above.
Stagnant pools lay within and by the rocks, occasionally refreshed as a surge of water powers through.
Small flighted insects flit about, hovering just above the stillness and next to the rage.
Swallows wing in to feed, acrobatically bending and twisting on their flight plan out.
Small fish in the pools seem almost still as they wait, and wait, and yet still wait.
The mass of water tumbling creating a deafening sound, the colours mix and churn from the clearest of blues to the denseness of murky brown, highlighted as the tips roll out into the purest of foaming white.
Standing there watching the power raging unstoppably through and the sound growling within the arena, the songs of birds can still be heard at a pitch rising above the deep bass sound.
The greyness of the wet rocks changes hues with the spread of water, a carpet of moss spreads out and up the ravine walls.
Tree roots and moss combine bringing colours and texture to a harsh solid wall of rock.
Up above the sky contrasts with the arena a brilliant blue interspersed with bubbling clouds haloed by the sun spreading its light and warmth.
No cars, no people, nothing that shows our malice towards the world we live in, creating a peace that cannot be bought.

I am currently working on another version of the same which the beginning describes the turmoil within the mind and how it can be realised by the passage of time.

Michael

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
This will become a popular topic..

I can't think very creatively at the moment as my brain seems to be partly shut downbut I enjoyed reading that Michael,looking forward to your next one.I think this will become a popular topic.

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
I dont mind which order they arrive in as long as they arrive at the same time!

D

Dollit

The key to happiness is to settle for contentment. The key to power is to realise your powerlessness. With those two does prosperity really matter? :hug:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
The key to happiness is to settle for contentment. The key to power is to realise your powerlessness. With those two does prosperity really matter? :hug:
Yes I would settle for contentment. To me that would be happiness! I'm not sure about the powerlessness tho'. I agree we are powerless in so many ways but I do believe in personal power as I'm aware that I have given my power away and I WANT IT BACK! :LOL:

I guess prosperity, for me, doesn't necessarily mean material prosperity. I want my health to prosper, my family to prosper, my creativity to prosper etc...

Very interesting Dollit.

D

Dollit

It when you realise how powerless you are that you become powerful. If you realise your insignificance against the power of the universe then anything that you achieve becomes a symbol of that power - it's the acknowledgement that you don't have to be the most powerful person in the world that makes you the most powerful person in your world.

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
I guess I contemplate my power, or lack of it, in a much narrower sense. It is the power games specifically between people that I refer to. How does one reclaim their power from another person?

D

Dollit

Learning body language is good - you can then hear what someone is trying not to tell you. Also if you know how they are manipulating you or trying to manipulate you then you can reverse it. I'm quite panicky about Thursday but I'm the only person out of the whole group that has access to the Fire Service, I'm the only one who knows the name of the people I have to see and I'm the only one they'll talk to so I have all the power, the stooges I'm meeting don't know it yet and, it's only thanks to Paradox on this one, I've just realised I have it.

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Yes very interesting Dollit, body language. Again it's something I forget about despite being totally and utterly fascinated by it. Time perhaps to dig out the Desmond Morris books methinks. Thanks for the reminder Dollit.

The funny thing is, although I've never met you, I just know you will be fine on Thursday. Remember Dollit that you are a Lion at heart, and nobody messes with a Lion without paying a very heavy price!!!

D

Dollit

I've been doing body language for years and when I met young uniform, even though he'd never even done any psychology, we were evidently very much in tune because we pick up on one another's body language instantly. I can think something very rude in a meeting and he'll know what I've thought and react to it - a lot of fun but then we are head twins. But it's the gestures that people try to suppress that give you the most information.

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
I know from the little bit I have studied that trying to supress body language is a complete lost cause. According to experts it is impossible.

My sister and I used to have that same ability as you and young uniform. We could just look at each other and burst into fits of giggles. We both knew what made us laugh without having to say it. Very disconcerting for other people tho'!

D

Dollit

Supression of body language is almost impossible - professional poker players do it but it puts them under enormous amount of stress.

I like having that almost telepathic connection with someone - especially if it unnerves people I'm not that keen on. I'm teaching young uniform the powers of manipulation at the moment - he rather nicely said last week that I was the most devious person he knows!

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Well then, you will have no problem outwitting that old school tie brigade then Dollit! The pair of you can plan a pincer movement, outflank them before they know what's hit 'em :LOL:

D

Dollit

My baby's not going to be there - I don't even know what shift he's doing on Thursday. I'll email him when I get back though and talk to him about it. Poor bloke, when I have a crisis he comes back to a stack of emails from me all in various stages of panic.

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
He obviously doesn't mind Dollit so I wouldnt worry about it. You've a good friend there and he likes you. ;)

D

Dollit

Yes he is a good friend and I can't quite believe how young he is sometimes and then he asks me something really cheeky like am I going to take up with GI (from the other place) and does this mean he's going to have a new dad! :D