• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

LGBT Mind Out Conference

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Quote....

>>News from Open Up:

MindOut is hosting the 2008 LGBT Mental Health Conference on Monday 3rd November in Brighton.

This exciting conference aims to give a national platform for LGBT mental health initiatives developed in Brighton and Hove, including LGBT mental health services,
service user involvement, research, partnership working, community and strategic development.

There will be discussion on suicide and survival in LGBT communities plus a chance to see the 'Focussing the Mind' photography exhibition

There will also be the chance to participate in a range of workshops including: Transgender mental health, Promoting positive mental health for LGBT young people, Mindfulness meditation, Queer therapy & Hate crime and mental health

Suitable for LGBT people with experience of mental health issues, service providers, commissioners and policy makers. The conference will be chaired by Mind Chief Executive Paul Farmer.

To find out more please see the attached flyer or call 01273 722550

The MindOut LGBT Mental Health Conference 2008 is part of the Time to Change programme.<<

So that's something Time to Change is doing :). You can probably find more details on their web-site if you are interested.

Nick.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Sounds good. Do you know if there's going to be anyway for people who can't attend to find out what's going on in Brighton?

companion

companion

Founding Member
I am not going to be able to attend, but would also be interested in finding out more about what is going on in Brighton and Hove.

Companion

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
I've searched around a bit and found the web-site for Mindout (it is a clever name :)) which has a link to the Coference flier, pack and booking form. The website also publishes their research findings so I guess that any Conference outcomes will appear there if anywhere.

Anyway the link is....

http://www.lgbtmind.com/index2.htm

This should probably be something we have a permanent note of somewhere but I am so rusty I have forgotten where right now! :redface:

Nick.