Lexapro

F

flightrisk

I was prescribed Lexapro for severe OCD. Half my life consists of a preoccupation with some type of checking compulsion, like if the oven is on or if the door is locked. I've been on 5 mgs now for 3 days and I'm completely spaced out. I've been sleeping 10 hours a day and it's that's dead disgusting medicated sleep. Does this go away because I feel dead on this? All I feel capable or even motivated to is to lie on my bed. 5 mgs is a child's dosage. How will I ever be able to get to the minimum therapeutic dose for OCD which is 10 mgs? the doctor wants me to eventually take 20 mgs. I'd rather have the OCD than go thru my life as a zombie.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I was prescribed the generic type of Lexapro called Escitalopram. I was supposed to start at 5 mg and go up to10 mg. Instead, I started at 2.5 mg to get my body used to it. I was going up 2.5 mg every 3 days.

Sleepiness is a common side effect of lexapro. With adjustment to the dose and what time of the day you take, things will settle and side effects will subside in 4-6 weeks.

I experienced the same thing. I was sleeping all day and couldn’t even shower for 3-4 days sometimes.

So, yes. It will go away. Be patient and hang in there. Lexapro helped me so much against intrusive thoughts anxiety and depression. It’s an amazing medication.

I hope things get better and good luck to you.