Lexapro withdrawal symptoms and trying to have some quality of life

P

pberm1962

i am 56 years old man who was officially diagnosed with depression,major depressive disorder, about 15 years ago,although i believe i have had it my whole life.i took effexor for a few years and then went seamlessly into Lexapro which i took for about 10 years up until about a year ago.both drugs did a good job of managing my depression.i made the decision to go off the lexapro after seeing an ad on tv from big pharma wanting to add a SECOND drug to my 1st drug. i weaned of the lexapro gradually and about a month later the withdrawals started.my depression is back,i could almost call it manageable if not for the following symptoms.a lot of folks have mentioned brain zaps. .and thats what i will call what i get.i get these sudden flashes of negative thoughts mostly associated with basic life obligations.its an almost unbearable,immediate,agonizing jolt of negative obligation. nothing any healthy person cant cope with. for example i need a new microwave. the brain zap will come in at a random time proclaiming-tomorrow you have to buy a new microwave. and its not even about the money.but its a full blown zero to sixty negative jolt to my brain.there isnt any specific time of day usually i get about one an hour. last week i started taking CDB oil and am working on trying to find the right dosage. thus far i havent seen much improvement in my depression or brain zap frequency.i also consume alcohol a little more then moderatly.weekend drinking,does anyone else have similar or different withdrawal symptoms from discontinuing the drugs and if so have they lasted that long? thank you for this forum, maybe just typing this out will help a little. paul

P

pberm1962

just a little more info, i have a wonderful wife and children and surround myself with mostly positive people.i have a steady job for 31 years . i am not currently consulting a doctor with my issues, as i know there solution will be back onto the drugs, which i think are wonderful for some people btw. i just want to try to see this trough i firmly believe there is a break out there in these dark clouds,, btw i hate how much this illness makes me a selfish inward person

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 7
T Depression Forum 3
M Depression Forum 2