• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Leukophobia(Fear of white things)

K

Kace808

Hello, I have Leukophobia which causes me to be fearful and disgusted by certain white objects including white sheets, white towels/rags, bottle caps, and white underwear. It developed around the time I was 11(currently 18), it came out of no way as I remember being able to use white rags/towels before then. When I look at these objects I feel a deep disgust and avoid these things at all cost. It doesn’t have much of a day-to-day impact on me as my family know about and is great about not leaving these things out in the open for me to see. Awhile ago, my therapist said this was a form of OCD that manifested through my anxiety. I was wondering if any of you guys had any tips on facing this odd fear.

K

karl7

i never heard of that phobia...seems very odd....i used to have OCD and your therapist might be right about that.....talk more to them

J

JeanPierre

Welcome !
It's cool your family helps you like that.
Best luck!

C

candycane

Hello, I have Leukophobia which causes me to be fearful and disgusted by certain white objects including white sheets, white towels/rags, bottle caps, and white underwear. It developed around the time I was 11(currently 18), it came out of no way as I remember being able to use white rags/towels before then. When I look at these objects I feel a deep disgust and avoid these things at all cost. It doesn’t have much of a day-to-day impact on me as my family know about and is great about not leaving these things out in the open for me to see. Awhile ago, my therapist said this was a form of OCD that manifested through my anxiety. I was wondering if any of you guys had any tips on facing this odd fear.
This must be a rare phobia.
I have been a Parish Pastor/and a Pastoral Counselor for 3.5 years,almost 4 years,this year will be 4 years,and this is the first time,I'm hearing about this phobia.
I would like to know more about it.
Could you perhaps pm me,with a website,were I can learn more about it?
Thanks.
Looking forward to hearing from you,my friend.