• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Letting people down...

L

LostSpirit

Someone really close to me has stopped talking to me, because they came to see me and my aniexty was so bad I had panic attack that I didnt end up meeting up with them, I can understand they are frustrated ( they have suffered, themselves with aniexty) so I thought we had an understanding, we've not seen each other since covid19 started I was looking forward to catching up too but, I got a message saying that our friendship cant mean much if I wasnt even willing try to meet up, and that how long am I gunna allow aniexty to have a grip of my life, we norm speak everyday but it's been a week and nothing:( I feel awful and miss my friend

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

I’m sorry this is happening to you. It tough to maintain a friendship during covid.

Jolly

Jolly

So sad for you. Did you explain why you could not make it. I never make arrangements and if I do I usually say I shall see how I feel on the day but don’t count on it. I really only gave two friends one who lives not too far and one who lives about 500 mikes away. I hope you both can get through this

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m sorry you had a falling out with your friend over your anxiety. It seems a little unfair on her part to hold your anxiety against you when she knows that it is something that you struggle with. Maybe she just needs some time to cool off and get over the rebuff. I would give her a few weeks and check back in again with your apologies. Given some time she might come around. xo, j