• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

letting off steam

kathrina

kathrina

Why is it that people think that you should give them the run through of what you've eaten in a day? I go through this on a daily basis now. If it's not friends, it work colleagues who say 'you've lost weight, why is that?' Do I stand there and ask them 20 questions? No I do not.
I'm sorry but it is just making me feel people want the control from me that I have tried so hard to get.
I'll eat what I want.
Then I'm told that I am in denial or are being combative.

I can't sleep too well either so it's going to be another long night for me.

Hope you're all ok though.

Kathrina

:(

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

maybe you are taking it the wrong way mate,they might be asking you that because they really care about you & are a bit worried about if you are eating ok.

if everyone is sort of asking you about it then maybe they can see something that you cannot yourself.

maybe i am wrong :unsure:

see ya

kathrina

kathrina

I guess I'm just having a bad moment right now. I can't sleep.
I know people mean well but I just wish they'd give me a break.

:(

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

i understand kathrina,i am sure you will sort it out in the end,why are you not sleeping right ?,is something playing on your mind mate ?

here i made you a tea,hope that helps :tea:

T

Tainted

Hi Kathrina.

I can understand peole asking you constantly what you have or are going to eat must be really frustrating. I know I would feel as though I am constanly being checked up on, and I would probably end up telling poeple I had eaten things I hadn't to encourage them to back off.

Like No more weed says, these poep are asking you becasue they care about you and are concerned for you.

I'm afraid I don't have any advice to offer you, but be comforted that yuo obviously have a lot of people that think a lot of you and care for you.

kathrina

kathrina

Tainted, It is frustrating and yes I have told them I've eaten stuff when I haven't.
I know they care but it is hard when they keep questioning me.

Thanks no-more-weed for the tea. :) it went towards my one day hot drink quota.

I managed eventually to get to sleep at 3am and got 6 hours sleep which is a 1 hour improvement for me.

I'm hoping today is going to be a good one.

Thanks to you both for your messages.

Kathrina

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Kathrina

I'm glad you slept well last night and feeling better today.

People always used to comment on my weight, and ask what I've eaten. I thought it was me, that I used to draw those kinds of questions and yes maybe sometimes it was because I was losing weight.

However now I am going through recovery I realise that people always comment on my weight and each others, however I and they look and in listening to others conversations I realised that everyone comments on each others weight/food! It seems to be a national obsession!! :D

Goodness, I work with alot of elderly ladies and they are always going on about weight and what each other had for dinner, what I am having for dinner, how many biscuits each had that day etc!

In fact I would guess that everyday I am involved in conversations to do with weight and food and asked questions!

I think what might be happening to you is that because you are going through some difficulties with eating at the moment you are highly sensitive to remarks, questions and conversations about weight which you might not have even registered before. A part of it too, might be to do with your recent weight loss.

I think as others here have said it is because people care, an integral part of nurturing is wanting to feed people up, it is a way of people showing that they care. If you can see their comments as concern rather than control it might make their comments easier to bear. :hug: