• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

letting my ex go

F

Fallen Phoenix

Its been 8 months since we split and yet I still think about her everyday I dont seem to be able to get any relief from it it all apart from when im drunk or my son is with me but at the moment im unable to have him stay with me and have to be supervised if he visits due to mum and stepdad seeing my SH while I had a seizure at their house. My eye opener was boxingday night where my ex had me arrested for harassment but dropped the charges due to her knowing about issues I have and me being very honest with the police about not wanting to scare or intimidate her in anyway, just simply to talk to her as at the moment I have no one to talk to. I fully understand she has a new life now and I have somewhat of a life but I just am unable to simply let her go. Would a gp help me come to terms with relationship breakdown 8 months after? I really need to let this go.

F

Fallen Phoenix

Thank you for the advice Nikitax. I dont think I made myself clear enough though which is my fault so i do apologise. My sons mother I split with 10 years ago its my recent ex that I having trouble letting go, I wouldn't know if she has a new partner but I do fully understand what you are saying, I really need some help with the letting go phase so again I appreciate your advice.

F

Fallen Phoenix

I hope everyday she'll take me back but I dont think its gonna happen now but that makes it worse. I was with her for almost 3 years. Again im not making myself clear enough so i apologise but yet again im am sat in a pub drinking so its my fault. Thanks again nikita.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

A GP might be able to refer you to counselling, which may help you let go of the relationship.
Am not sure if you already have counselling or not..?

I think that it's something mental health teams really over-look.
Yes, therapy can help, but sometimes people just need to talk without being analysed and scrutinised. That's why I get on so well with my counsellor.

F

Fallen Phoenix

No ive never had counselling since we splitt but out of all the issues I have I am seriously considering getting help with. Shes suffered enough from me already to the point were I can feel her hate now yet all I still have for her is love. Thanks Somersetscorpio, since ive joined this forum youve always been quick to help, it is very much appreciated even though sometimes it may not seem like it with late or no reply backs.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It can be so hard letting go when you still love someone but I think it makes it even worse when you don't have anyone else to talk to. I think Somerset is right and that counselling would be a very good idea. Hopefully your doctor will be able to refer you.

Take care.