Letter to Pyschiatrist? Advice Please

S

skyblue

Hi,

I have an appointment with my Psychiatrist tomorrow & there's quite afew things I want to raise with him. I'm ok talking about these things, though I'm unsure whether I should really be putting it on paper so that all my concerns are not missed.
There are many things that I disagree with & I would like him to look into this further, otherwise I want a second opinion. (My Pyschiatrist & others hardly knows me, I'm not kidding - all in all throughout 6yrs of seeing him adding the times up, amounts to about 1hr) & because of this I feel there's been many misunderstandings from others who I have seen in the past eg Social Workers, Crisis Teams, other Hospital Psychiatrists etc.

Do you think it would be better for me to write a letter?

Trouble is, I have little time today & I know this is going to take sometime to write down. Maybe I could talk through things then write a letter afterwards. What do you think will be best?

Thanks in advance.x

maxitab

maxitab

Maybe, if you don't have time, you could chat then send a follow up letter saying something like 'I wanted to have on record the concerns I raised when we last met.....' and state them all then?

calypso

calypso

Admin
That is a good idea from maxi. I think you should also insist that you have longer in the room than you are at the moment. My Pdoc sees me for minimim 15 minutes, and sometimes an hour. You just tell him assertively that you need more time to get across all you think and feel. xx

S

skyblue

Thanks Maxi & Calypso.

Calypso - Yes, you're right what you say. I will mention this tomorrow.

Thank again the both of you x