letter from dwp asking about savings

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
guess nothing new a regular thing, my savings i doubt would last the 6 months some universal credit claims take as they also stop the rent, but that doesn't stop them, when i haven't provided covering letters i've even been referred to their fraud section, this time i can't be bothered with a gps note, i'll take a chance on a letter from my peer support worker, get some useful mileage out of them.

i find it ironic that your allowed twice as much in a residential home so the savings wouldn't be an issue if i was in one, so much for independent living as usual

P

pcoventry

I find it also odd - that you can save PIP and it does not come under the 6K limit - or even the 16K limit - yet on UC both are in place.

I save my PIP - I have done for about 2 years. Never been asked. Hopefully never will!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if your receiving universal credit or any means tested benefit like esa savings are means tested

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I find it also odd - that you can save PIP and it does not come under the 6K limit - or even the 16K limit - yet on UC both are in place.

I save my PIP - I have done for about 2 years. Never been asked. Hopefully never will!
i hope they will never ask you as well :hug:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's like the dwp and esther mc'bay saying disabled benefits have been increased with inflation pip has but esa an income support type benefit hasn't but the dwp don't consided esa a disabled benefit though a lot of disabled people recieve it as a major part of their income

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i hope they will never ask you as well :hug:
i've heard hmrc looks at bank accounts and if theres more than 16k in bank accounts they inform the dwp, i haven't more than 16k but this one bank account i have my benefits paid into so i can't deny it exists abd i think they can look at it, so can't lie, i don't want to risk openly lieing if they stop my benefits i'm in shit

daffy

daffy

Founding Member

The DWP can search your bank accounts at any time they want if suspect something is amiss. I’m not sure why but my sister bank was searched and they found £100 going in on a monthly basis. When they questioned her she couldn’t remember what it was. Luckily I was with her and it me that was paying back a £1000 loan she gave me. But also they wanted to know why she had£10000 in her account and they were the ones that gave it to her cos she’d been underpaid for years. They just got up and left. No apology at all.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i've heard hmrc looks at bank accounts and if theres more than 16k in bank accounts they inform the dwp, i haven't more than 16k but this one bank account i have my benefits paid into so i can't deny it exists abd i think they can look at it, so can't lie, i don't want to risk openly lieing if they stop my benefits i'm in shit
surely if its under that amount they cant do anything? :hug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

The DWP can search your bank accounts at any time they want if suspect something is amiss. I’m not sure why but my sister bank was searched and they found £100 going in on a monthly basis. When they questioned her she couldn’t remember what it was. Luckily I was with her and it me that was paying back a £1000 loan she gave me. But also they wanted to know why she had£10000 in her account and they were the ones that gave it to her cos she’d been underpaid for years. They just got up and left. No apology at all.
they should of apologised to her :mad::hug:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
surely if its under that amount they cant do anything? :hug:
anything over 8k or might be 6 500 they take a pound off your benefits for every 250 on the grounds your receiving income from savings, again in a residential home the sum is twice that

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
many phases of the moon ago i went to a dla tribunal they doubled my income and as it took 2 yrs to the tribunal backdated it hence my savings

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
phoned up housing assoc about universal credit asking if i provide a note asking the rent be paid direct they'll be willing to wait, guy said you'll only be put on universal credit if theres a change of circumstances so unless you win the lottery, i said thats the point they're asking about my savings and my savings have changed

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i went to a disabled people against cuts event yesterday this women said a mentally ill guy in her local job centre committed suicide after they stopped his benefits on the ground he had an isa

stigma it's still seen as acceptable to treat mentally ill people like that

if it was gay people or black people thats precisely why i hate pc thinking

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
phoned the housing assoc to ask for a lettter saying i'm needy mentioned my savings, theres something about these people, they've really brought into the goverment propoganda, and they're supposed to be there to help people

one housing officer was wearing this silver cleopatra necklace that must be worth more than my entire savings

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
this peer support worker has sent a letter to me to send to the dwp about savings, i have obsessively managed to accrue savings without which she is certain i wouldn't be able to function on any level

she is aware that i am showing signs of decline in my mental health at the prospect of geting the paperwork ready in response to your request, that has serious consequences for my long term health

i continue to live with the firm beleif that whatever life i have managed to forge will be taken from me leving me homeless and destitute, i am a very intellligent person but beleive that i am been watched. that goverment institutions will harm me

any dwp forms are triggering i'm paranoid

it's i guess what i wanted, but seeing all that in print

just completed a criminal record bureaugh request, i've got a clean record though they can't give me the results of an enhanced, thats where some employment guy said certain things could be mentioned, seems only employers can ask

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
one friend her friend told the dwp he had 72k because the voices told him to and they stopped his benefits,, sadly there isn't much sympathy for us schitzos in these days of austerity

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just ordered statement from bank over phone the women asked why i was asking for a statement and whether it was for goverment purposes, she can probably see by the payments in i'm on benefits, i said you wouldn't understand

maybe theres some official goverment form and i'm paranoid

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just got statement e mailed to me and not showing the 2 weeks I've spent money, i'd say that's intentional because the balance is required for benefit purposes but would be accused of paranoia, anyway I've phoned up and asked for a months statement up to date

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just got another statement similar to the last sent to me, my sister would say it's easier to believe in incompetence than a paranoid plot phoned again ordered statement using their automated system hope that works, as it'll take 5 days for it to arrive running out of time, surprised I haven't received a reminder lettter

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
phoned up again asked for automated statement was referred to someone who told me it has to be arranged for paper statements, ordered one 5 days may have to phone dwp and ask for extension, they haven't apparently sent a letter saying my benefits will be stopped if i don't reply in a set time

they asked 6 months ago then at xmas i got the work capability questionairre, this time i'll struggle to get it defused