Let's sort out ESA

L

lisajones

Pat's Petition and Carerwatch are starting a group to give a voice to sick and disabled people who feel that because of impairment they cannot compete in the open labour market.

If you or your friends and family feel that you need more than the government's 'reasonable adjustments' to get work please come and join the discussion at -

wragwatch.myfineforum.org :: Index

For some people it will take more. Possibly sheltered working conditions or
quotas or subsidies.

And in the mean time they need safe secure benefits.

L

lisajones

Please come and join the discussion at WragWatch -

wragwatch.myfineforum.org

The government only talk about people who can compete in the competitive open job market on a level playing field.

Some people know that their condition will mean that they work at a slower pace. This should be openly discussed. These people need sheltered or subsidised working conditions. This should be discussed.

If people who need sheltered working are not going to be helped - then the definition of someone who cannot work is anybody who has an impairment that reduces their productivity. If this is where they want to draw the line - then this is where safe secure benefits should be awarded.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

the thing about mh is that it is random or it is with me. and to my knowledge work doesnt allow someone who struggles.... society in general dont allow this. its the unwelcome elephant in the r00m. n0 quick fixes s0 lets blame the individual f0r their mh.

maybe if the world wasnt so set up in a patriarchal (time pressure and targets and restrictions the collective dysfunction) way and that it had balance - but its always a typical mental set of approaching it. a deeper rabbit hole.

S

stuart

then the definition of someone who cannot work is anybody who has an impairment that reduces their productivity
What about people such as myself, who would first butcher their face to act as a strong enough diversion to live a few days more then kill themselves? Or just kill themselves outright?

What do you mean by 'sheltered accomodation'? There used to be factories for people with disabilities that were shut down because they were unprofitable.

Please come and join the discussion at WragWatch
Why would I join a discussion where the only possible outcome of what the government will do is disfigurement and death for me?

This is just turning the majority of esa to an extension of jsa. It is vile and sick. Even most charites have stopped this happy clappy crap displayed when this was first announced, now they know what is really intended.

The government have 'listed' to disabled and vulnerable people before, and then totally ignored them.

Even for those who may be able to work with the right help, wont get the help they need.

What a joke.

L

lisajones

Would sheltered working in an MH aware environment where there was understanding of MH help?

S

stuart

NO. Even the slightest pressure put on me to do anything would be fatal. But since tens of thousands have died already from what this vile government and there inablers have done, why would anyone care. This is a far more severe measure than those that have murdered the vulnerable so far.

But if you can't work, few, definately few Tories, think you have a right to life anyway. Please don't reply to my post anymore. You have put me on the verge of harming my face, which I only just avoided yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
with the minister saying he'll get the mentally ill people into work, thats the start rhetoric, then it'll become the mentally ill aren't motivated to work, benefit cuts to motivate them

I have no particularr wish to work in sheltered employment or whatever it's called, i have tried mainstream workk and discovered i'm not as fit as the drs who told me i was stabilised on drugs claimed, what i call the london lesson