• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Let us do things together

D

denham

Founding Member
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, I am a joung fifty and love the blues.
I have been recently diagnosed bipolar and somehow it gave me the courage to do the things I wanyted to do; so I am now divorcing a husband of 25 years and looking at a new career as an advocate in mental health. You could say that my illness and coming in contact with people with other mental health problems has changed my prospective in life.
Has any of you had the same experience?
While I am hunging about looking for proper training opportunities as an advocate I have plenty of time on my hand, so I volunteer with the British Heart Faundation and go to listen to the blues, the odd art gallery and comic acts, organise small barbecues, out for a meal on the cheep because my resorses are very limited just now. I would like to meet any of you in central London or SouthWest/East London to make friends and share common interests, anybody interested? My private e.mail is xxxxx Cheers! -:grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the forum denham. I would certainly agree that having depression has utterly changed my life over the past 20 plus years and more recently getting involved in mh campaigning is changing it again :).

Nick.

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
Welcome

Hi Denham,

I am new here too, but already have benefitted and contributed.

I'd love to get together with you if we lived closer. But good luck in finding other on the group who you can meet up with:D

Hope you have a good day :clap:

cloudberry