• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Less sleep less anxiety

C

cwdaemon

Diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder. What I find unusual is that when I have a good sleep my anxiety level is quite high the next day.
However, when I don't sleep at night or sleep very little my anxiety is very low the next day. Seems to be the opposite of what should happen.
Anyone else experience this?

AdamP72

AdamP72

Memphis TN, center of the musical universe
Sometimes, when my mind is rested, it seems as though it has much more fuel to burn. At some of those times, it seems like a rested brain with plenty of fuel to burn is very good at creating more pronounced anxiety. On the other hand, when I’m really tired and my mind is worn out, it has little to fight with which can lead to elevated anxiety as well. I swear, as long as I’ve lived with this stuff, it can still confuse the hell of of me.

Having said that, I certainly can relate to this.

pandr oid

pandr oid

Diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder. What I find unusual is that when I have a good sleep my anxiety level is quite high the next day.
However, when I don't sleep at night or sleep very little my anxiety is very low the next day. Seems to be the opposite of what should happen.
Anyone else experience this?

this is section about biploar :)