Lemme introduce myself

T

termiet

Okay okay hello I guess?

After spending years of roaming through forums I decided to actually sign up for one. So ehh who am I? I’m a 21 year old nursing student, hoping to become a psychiatric nurse some day. I’ve always been very interested in mental health (problems), which is very ironic since I’m struggling with a few as well. I’ve had depression pretty early on, I believe I was about 14 years old. Therapy helped me through that, but the last few years I’ve been dealing with low moods, concentration problems and anxiety issues. I’m seeing a psychologist again and it turns out I might have bpd. At first I was a bit shocked (because of all the negative associations I had with it) but after reading up on it, it actually makes a lot of sense. So I guess I would love to come in contact with people who experience similar struggles, just vent and maybe share some of the things I’ve learned so far. God I let myself go with this introduction. Anyway, if anyone wants to talk or ask me something, please do. I’d like that :)

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome! I'm living with GAD and MDD - treatment refractory. I've been through many drug treatments and therapies. On occasion I've wondered if I'm actually BiPolar2. I think the anxiety makes that difficult to be sure of.

Has your doctor prescribed any medication to help you manage symptoms? How are you faring?

If you've ever wondered what someone thinks about a mental health professional who suffers from mental illness, it's fabulous and makes a lot of sense to me. I believe your experiences are an advantage especially if you'll be treating patients as a clinician.