Legal advice (colorado)

S

skitherockies

I am looking for some advice on how to solve or remedy this peculiar situation I have found myself in, I live in colorado if that changes anything with certain laws. My father has a TBI and I am his conservator. My mother is a drug addict with many arrests, dui's and aggressive behavior on her record. Her drug use is a financial drain and is becoming very overburdening. I am starting to worry for my fathers safety over the financial stress, shes constantly ranting and raving about the finances. how could I go about solving this problem, could she be committed?

I thought about going to law enforcement but she is far to wise to get caught so easily. From my understanding she never spends much time at the same place and is gone for days or a week at a time using drugs and partying.

Where should I start to get help? I am not knowledgeable on Colorado laws. I will call a psychiatrist in the morning for advice.

Y

Yodagirl

I am looking for some advice on how to solve or remedy this peculiar situation I have found myself in, I live in colorado if that changes anything with certain laws. My father has a TBI and I am his conservator. My mother is a drug addict with many arrests, dui's and aggressive behavior on her record. Her drug use is a financial drain and is becoming very overburdening. I am starting to worry for my fathers safety over the financial stress, shes constantly ranting and raving about the finances. how could I go about solving this problem, could she be committed?

I thought about going to law enforcement but she is far to wise to get caught so easily. From my understanding she never spends much time at the same place and is gone for days or a week at a time using drugs and partying.

Where should I start to get help? I am not knowledgeable on Colorado laws. I will call a psychiatrist in the morning for advice.
I’m not sure about the laws. Have you reached out to a psychiatrist yet? I would definitely try to see about getting in inpatient somewhere for her addiction issues. Do you live with your parents? If not I would maybe consider having your Dad live with you so he’s not dealing with all the stress she’s causing. Best of luck! :hug: