• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

leaving the house

J

jema88

after periods of time that i dont sleep properly i then have a few days where i dont want to get bathed or change out my p.j's or leave the house... sometimes ill be brave and nip to the shop but i will cry about it and feel horrible about leaving whem i get home... i only have a couple of days like this a month.. the rest of the time ill bath 2-3 times a day and keep my self clean.. does anyone else experiance the same or simalar experiences??.xx

angrydad

angrydad

Constantly!

I feel like this all the time. When I high I bath and shower myself (almost) to death. During low phases I can't wash or even gat dressed. Laste week (coming down from a huge high I went very low. By the end of the week I looked as though I lived on the streets. I must have looked the very essence of mental illhealth when I went to Boots to pick up my meds:scared:

I still have problems going out of the house and I hate driving or going to places where there will be lots of people.

Try not to beat yourself up about not doing things. I belive that small steps are best. I found just going out to our wheelie bins was sucess enough to spur me on to go to get a paper last week. At the moment I can't motivate myself to read books or newspapers. But I have started doing coluring books at bed time! What a child eh!

Do small thing and you will find sucess

W

white-witch

I don't get washed or take care of myself for days at a time. I do go to a women's group once a week and get showered and wash my hair for that.
When I was well I use to be in and out of the bath and shower all the time!

I also live in a mess not cleaning for weeks on end..I never use to be like this. I feel I have been depressed for 7 years since I lost my home and ended up on the streets..I have never recovered. Maybe this is the 'new' me and I just have to accept it!

Don't beat yourself up about a couple of days a month!

Belblac

L

Lady Summer Isles

Yes me too

Angry dad says it all

Sorry can't string much together today

We can only do what we can do,

Hugs
Lady T:grouphug:

lulubelle

lulubelle

Oh yes, feeling that one! When I was feeling sky high last month I was bathing 2-3 times a day, hair and make up perfect. I had a bath at 3am last night because it dawned on me I hadn't washed for over a week!

xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
UpnDwn1978 Bipolar Forum 1
frisas45 Bipolar Forum 5