• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Leaving for a trip.

P

poptarts21

Hey i am not sure if i am really in the right place.
I do not suffer from panic attacks,
But, recently i have been up and down and going through a very very hard patch. Im going to the doctors today but i think it is suspected anxiety.
Anyway since i have been feeling like this iv found it hard being around people apart from my family, even my best friends i feel hard being around. I also am starting to find it hard to leave the house, if i do i feel a bit paranoid like everybody is looking at me and knows i am suffering. I feel safer in my house and in bed tbh.
Anyway Well my mum had booked me a trip for my 18th birthday present with my two friends. It is a murder mystery weekend away, in a hotel. I am leaving for it tomorrow and I am quite a lot worried about going, im just scared of being away from my parents now, i know that sounds silly.

Has anyone got any coping strategies, or ways that i can phsyc myself up for the trip, because mostly all im feeling now is worry :(

Replies would be apreciated x:)

SimonB

SimonB

Lol...just seen your post...I went to south wales last week on a 40th birthday party, I made all kinds of excuses not to go and the paranoia I had driving up was huge, I got there and.....I was actually ok, I went to the party and survived. I had decided I wasn't going to worry about anything, although I nearly had a moment when I put my shirt on and it didn't fit!

(y)

A

Ainsworth

do you trust the 2 friends you are going with? also your parents are on the end of the phone.

it can be hard to go out, i have that. i can go out with my hubby but alone or with others is avoided. it gets so easy not to go out and can creep up and before you know it you are isolated.

problem is with me, i dont care to go out anymore, it doesnt interest me to waffle chat with friends.

dunno if its me or depression

but i would go on a murder mystery weekend (lovely present) or stay in a haunted house, with hubby of course :D

sallyG

sallyG

the build up to going somewhere is often worse than the actual going..my sister invited me to go to Spain last october...im agoraphobic...i did everything in my power not to go...but did eventually fly out there..(terrified of flying)..and had a really good time..still had moments of sheer panic but on the whole i had a great holiday..

hope you get to enjoy your weekend..be brave..x

P

poptarts21

Thankyou guys for the replys :)
I do trust them, its just they dont know my full story and why i am this way atm. They just think im a bit down, like they dont know why. And i cant tell them thats the thing.
So when i am with them, (i was the other day at the gym) i just feel like i am not truthful and honest with them, makes me feel a bit guilty in a way.
It really is a lovely present and i have always wanted to go on one, thats why it means so much to me to go and have a nice time, im just scared.
Thanks x