Leaves are falling, so is my mood

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

The clocks have gone back, it's dark, it's cold. Already got cracked skin on my hands. I want to sleep.
Winter can go and bite my ass. :BLAH:

I must try to stick to things that were helping me in the summer and not allow myself to become nocturnal like last winter.
I'm trying to help myself but secretly, i'd rather sleep all the time and not bother.

It seems sad to wish your life away but the next 5 months can do one.
I'm using a light box, so it might help. It's worth a shot.

Not quite sure what i'm hoping to achieve by this post. Ah well. :shrug:

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi SS
I know the feeling! My mood has been dropping over the last couple of weeks in line with the dark mornings. Im finding it so hard to get out of bed and get myself to work on time. Im feeling crap until about three pm just in time for the dark weather to return again.
Im trying what is suggested- sad light and vitamins but im finding no relief. My doctor has said there is no recommendations he can make to help.
So its like i have to ride it out again!!!
I too am getting so tired of this mood and tiredness.
I wish i could help you SS but im in it with you.
Hugs
Fox

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh bless you Foxjo, it's rubbish, isn't it? And you're up north, so it's probably even colder where you live.:hug1:

I'm sure we'll get through it, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to complain about it. :LOL:

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

ah this autumn i have been desperate to be in the sunshine in fact all of this year. trying not to think about it too much. mines all year round i feel like crap

N

natalie

Hi Somerset,

Iknow the feeling about cracked skin on hands, only too well.

I can highly recommend, a very good, skin and in particular the hands, softening cream, and if you would like to pm me, or i can pm you, I can let you have the details name of the cream, and where you can buy.

Take care now,

Natalie.

maestro of presto

maestro of presto

It's nice when someone is true to themself about what they feel and think. I hope you find a way to use time that makes you most happy.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

i totally get where youre coming from,
the time change and the early darkness defo makes you feel more depressed

angry butterfly

angry butterfly

I've got it bad atm. It's hit big time. Just want to be switched off for the winter.

G

George10111

I know well the feeling. I hate winter. This year has been especially hard because I spent so much of my time outside. I hate the agonizingly short days, getting off work and having it be dark thirty minutes later, etc. I hate how even if I want to go outside I have to bundle up like I've landed on the moon. To top it all off I just got sick, like I do every winter. Its off and on for me, sick for a few weeks then ok for a few weeks, and it goes in intervals until the dreaded spring allergens come.

I'm not a fan of the holidays either. Social dinners, parties, birthdays, having to be somewhere and talking to 50+ people, putting out a facade and pretending like life is absolutely golden. I'm sorry to hear your struggles. I hope its a better winter for all of us.

C

Charlieboy1985

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, I have been on and of medication for around 10 years now and it relates to anxiety and depression which I believe goes hand in hand. I have just restarted Prozac after 9 months being of it and am having a terrible few days. Sickness, temp, tired but can't really sleep and feeling weak.

The reason I tell everyone this is because I want people to know that medication can be tough for a few days but will settle down and make people feel better in the long run. Of course you need other stuff to help you understand you mental health problems but to anyone started meds recently or planning to please keep your head up. You will feel better soon.

I believe I have the seasonal disorder because I always feel better in the summer.

C

Charlieboy1985

I would be looking at taking antidepressants every winter to help. Just a low dose to help you through.

N

Netty764

Hi, I too suffer from SAD during winter time. That's why I've started an art project called 'Summer Nostalgia'. I want to create a series of art pieces based on the feelings and experiences one may get during Summer time. This will specifically be aimed at those experiencing SAD as they'll act as a source of support.
So for my research, I would like to collect some responses as this would really benefit :)

I'd just like to ask what Summer nostalgia means to you? What would you usually do in Summer that you couldn't do in winter?

Thank you :)