• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Learning disability team colliding with themselves.

N

nightmare57

Learning disability team colliding with themselves about my finances. I have a social services appointeeship. I now want to manage my own finances and be more independent, I will still get help from staff at my supported living complex with budgeting, etc..

I let my them now months ago I want the appointeeship stopping, I went through the right channels, community nurse, social worker, supported living manager but its like talking to a brick wall. There is a technique social workers use (I forgot the name) where they divert the question you've asked into ''but what is good about it'' and you wouldn't be able to afford to go on holiday without it''I finally got a meeting after months to discuss getting it stopping... That was a waste of time. They wanted me to go to another meeting to discuss it then have a capacity assessment done. I had a capacity assessment done in 2016 and it said I have capacity, what is wrong with that one? No answer from them..

I've maintained a credit card and overdraft this past year... not into debt.... Does this mean I have capacity?

Are they messing me around.... I know its easy having it stopped... They're making me jump through hoops..

They know once its stopped they can't control me, atm they're controlling me as I'm unable to find other accommodation without telling them, when I do I told them I'm going to disengage and won't tell them where I'm moving. I was just being truthful...

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi there. I wanted to bump this thread up.Hopefully someone will come along and respond

Hugs

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I dont know the legalities behind this and why they thought it necessary . We’re you getting into difficulties before but now feel that your capable of managing your own finances. I think you may need some independent advice like CAB thats if your in the UK.