• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Lately found it hard to explain myself

• Thread starter Phillmitchell86
  • Start date
Phillmitchell86

Phillmitchell86

Recently been talking to friends and family about my suicide attempt and how I’ve been feeling..

anyone else find it to be the most awkward interaction ever made? I feel embarrassed in a way and also like I’m projecting this blanket of awkwardness

B

Bod

Former member
Please do not feel embarrassed Phill as suicide is a very serious matter that can be helped by stopping and trying to talk things through as we all have a life to life even if we struggle with it too. Have you spoken to your GP doctor about how you feel.

T

treasurebox

It is always good to speak about what you are going through to your friends and loved ones because they can help you overcome. It will be also good to see a doctor.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

please keep talking ,its good to talk and i find it helps
you shouldn't feel embaressed ,especially not here ,lots of us have experienced the same thing and we are here for you xx

Phillmitchell86

Phillmitchell86

Please do not feel embarrassed Phill as suicide is a very serious matter that can be helped by stopping and trying to talk things through as we all have a life to life even if we struggle with it too. Have you spoken to your GP doctor about how you feel.
Thanks for your reply , I’ve been to the GP and have been on sertraline and sleeping tablets for when I need them and I like to think I’m on the up, it’s more when the topic of it comes up I can’t help but feel embarrassed or awkward watching their faces how I explain what depression can feel like

B

Bod

Former member
It can sadly feel so hard to explain how our depression makes us feel and then they are not all that helpful.