• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Land Ahoy! Thank god for that...

S

sweatystringvest

Hello All,

I'm Mike, 27 and live in Greater London. I was first diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia Pyschosis when I was 18.5 years old, although had suffered dellusions since childhood (in hindsight).

I had a pretty rough time in my teenage years and growing up, including drug problems and a nervous breakdown. I believe now, that I was never going to escape this illness/disease, due to my genes largely, and partially to my upbringing and drug taking.

Nowadays I habitually self medicate and even have a job, potentially a career. I have a loving, lovely girlfriend with whom I live with, and she helps to make me 'normal'. Whatever that is! Essentially I'm happy, but I feel I will never be normal, no matter how much I try.

D

Dollit

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. I gave up trying to be normal and I'm not sure I want to fit into that world anyway. Good to see you here.

S

sweatystringvest

Thanks for welcoming me Dollit, much appreciated!

Yup, I don't fit in, never have, never will. But sometimes I'll try to take part.

Odd ball here! (y)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Yeh, I think normal is massively over-hyped (not that I've ever experienced it). Good to have you here Mike.

S

sweatystringvest

Hello All

Just a quick response to you, to say thanks for your welcoming wishes. Much appreciated and very welcoming. I hope to reply to some posts over the weekend.

I really want to make a positive go here at this forum. I have some experiences I can share with you guys to try and help, and receive some help in the process.

I'm currently at work on the MD's computer writting this message (LOL - He's out for the day and I'm installing some software for him) which is why I'm fairly brief.

I had better go and do something productive for the company :confused: before they bust me doing Jack-All!!!

Toodles

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Introduce Yourself 3
B Introduce Yourself 17
Amaterasu Introduce Yourself 5