• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Land Ahoy! Thank god for that...

S

sweatystringvest

Hello All,

I'm Mike, 27 and live in Greater London. I was first diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia Pyschosis when I was 18.5 years old, although had suffered dellusions since childhood (in hindsight).

I had a pretty rough time in my teenage years and growing up, including drug problems and a nervous breakdown. I believe now, that I was never going to escape this illness/disease, due to my genes largely, and partially to my upbringing and drug taking.

Nowadays I habitually self medicate and even have a job, potentially a career. I have a loving, lovely girlfriend with whom I live with, and she helps to make me 'normal'. Whatever that is! Essentially I'm happy, but I feel I will never be normal, no matter how much I try.

D

Dollit

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. I gave up trying to be normal and I'm not sure I want to fit into that world anyway. Good to see you here.

S

sweatystringvest

Thanks for welcoming me Dollit, much appreciated!

Yup, I don't fit in, never have, never will. But sometimes I'll try to take part.

Odd ball here! (y)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Yeh, I think normal is massively over-hyped (not that I've ever experienced it). Good to have you here Mike.

S

sweatystringvest

Hello All

Just a quick response to you, to say thanks for your welcoming wishes. Much appreciated and very welcoming. I hope to reply to some posts over the weekend.

I really want to make a positive go here at this forum. I have some experiences I can share with you guys to try and help, and receive some help in the process.

I'm currently at work on the MD's computer writting this message (LOL - He's out for the day and I'm installing some software for him) which is why I'm fairly brief.

I had better go and do something productive for the company :confused: before they bust me doing Jack-All!!!

Toodles