• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lanarkshire

S

summerstars

Anyone have any experiences of mental health services in Lanarkshire? Mines has mostly been positive, apart from yesterday.

S

shywolf

i am from hamilton and would like to meet other shy people:confused:as i know of no one as shy as me:grouphug:we could meet in a group and go to the cinema or pub

A

Audsods

Services in South lanarkshire

Hi - I've been using services in South Lanarkshire for 10 years now and I think they are very good. I have a great care team who I work with every week - if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have a life at all. They help me get out of the house as I'm agoraphobic and extremely anxious. What are your experiences of using the services?

C

Charlie123

Hey

Yeah the services are good and the advocacy services are good too!

L

living_just_for_dying

The community services are good but my local psychiatric assessment team don't seem to take me seriously.

J

jonnyboy

hi

I know a lot about services in Lanarkshire what are you looking for? I work for samh in Motherwell. But also stay in wishaw i am also a long term mental health sufferer let me know if I can help you find what tour looking for Jon

A

Audsods

Do you know of any art based mental health services in South Lanarkshire?

J

jonnyboy

arts

Have a look at the Scottish mental health festival I know it starts soon and I know their are some artistic events most of which are free go to the elament website for info, tkts can be booked by phoning the well informed line which is a great resource hope you fond something useful

A

Audsods

Thanks

Hi - that's interesting I'll see what I can find - thanks for your help I'll let you know how I get on.:clap:

J

jonnyboy

artistic events

Not sure if your interested but a free event at pather art centre through the festival I mentioned earlier it's more ceramic based but looks like fun 21st Oct and free book through well informed phoneline