Lamotrigine effects

R

RubyGloom

All psychiatric drugs are damaging (to the body/brain) & sedative - Biomedical psychiatry is focused on treatments that disable the brain -

Brain-Disabling Treatments in Psychiatry: Drugs, Electroshock and the Psychopharmaceutical Complex | The Huffington Post

The argument is whether such treatment pays off within a risk/benefit scenario, that the drugs are better than the underlying condition/experiences of psychological/emotional distress/difficulties?

i think it's very debatable what the true benefits are of the current biomedical paradigm in relation to mental health, as well to a degree within the whole area of general medicine.

There are, imo, viable alternatives that could be used. But this civilisation/society/culture is the ways it all is/how it is.
Yeah. It's interesting to find out in what ways the drug affects certain bits and you can recognise these in your own side effects. Not good, but interesting.
Not great that it affected my ability to manage household finances when I've done it for years. I've not noticed the missing words and names so much, so hoping it was the increase in dose that upset my brain and it's worked out how to function again. I'll find out when I next try and work out the money stuff.

I told myself when I started it that I would take it to (potentially) give myself a pharmaceutical year off. What's annoying is that regardless of how is making me feel and how it's affecting me personally, as far as family goes, I'm being more functional for them. The ups and downs are not really there, so I'm more consistent.
Unfortunately for me, just more consistently miserable.

So now I don't know what to do in the near future.
I could end up adding another med, to try and help myself, but then it's a case of getting stuck on pills, then pills to fix the other pills etc
I didn't want that, for me.

But who should I consider more importantly?

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
But who should I consider more importantly?
It is a conundrum. i've found a trade off with a lowish dose of one medication, & doing what i can for my own life & healing, it has been & is hard.

i expect that my life would have & would be easier to just increase the neuroleptic, & add in other drugs as well, But there wouldn't be the same quality of life in ways.

i resent the ways this current society/system is, given that i think there are viable alternatives that could be used, at the least such alternatives could be used in conjunction with the present system/treatment. i think it's all largely shit & i always have done, But then what is truly advanced about this Global Civilisation/Culture anyway? The entire place is backwards.

R

RubyGloom

Told to whack on another 100mg
And if that doesn't work grab a bag of Escitalopram.
What the fuck have I got to lose. Might as well take em all.
Fuck this, I'm never going to feel better.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's making me feel worse and better

:cry:
Yea, it's a peculiar one once on the psychiatric drug path. Few ever get off it. 80% of Americans & 50% of the UK now on one or more permanently prescribed pharmaceutical, for either / & physical / mental health problems, & rising exponentially - along with all the other ways we're being altered through chemical, psychological, electromagnetic, digital & other means.

Brave New World Here We Are - Whoopee! Isn't it fun. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P_Rose Bipolar Forum 29