• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Lamotrigine and supplement treatment for Bipolar

H

healthybrain

I just got off (2 weeks ago) Latuda and I can't believe how good I feel. I totally get that some people need to be on Antipsychotics but I'm trying to find a treatment that avoids them.
Lamotrigine is a lifesaver, along with that I have a bunch of herbs, amino acids and compounds that are proven to help with Bipolar disorder. The question is how effective they will be. Anyones input is greatly appreciated.

I'v done a ton of research and this is what I'v been using for a few weeks now,

1) Maca
2) L-Tyrosine
3) Ashwagandha
4) L-Theanin
5) Muira Puama
6) Gaba
7) Safed Musli
8) Mucuna
9) L-Glycine
10) DHEA
12) L-Citrulline
13) Niacin
14) Tongkat Ali
15) Rhodiola
16) B-6
17) DL-Phenylalanine
18) Sunflower Lecithin

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I just got off (2 weeks ago) Latuda and I can't believe how good I feel. I totally get that some people need to be on Antipsychotics but I'm trying to find a treatment that avoids them.
Lamotrigine is a lifesaver, along with that I have a bunch of herbs, amino acids and compounds that are proven to help with Bipolar disorder. The question is how effective they will be. Anyones input is greatly appreciated.

I'v done a ton of research and this is what I'v been using for a few weeks now,

1) Maca
2) L-Tyrosine
3) Ashwagandha
4) L-Theanin
5) Muira Puama
6) Gaba
7) Safed Musli
8) Mucuna
9) L-Glycine
10) DHEA
12) L-Citrulline
13) Niacin
14) Tongkat Ali
15) Rhodiola
16) B-6
17) DL-Phenylalanine
18) Sunflower Lecithin
Proven?

Have you listed that from a website or from the back of a bottle claiming to be for bipolar disorder? I am keen to know for myself.

I take multivitamins and fish oils, mostly age specific gender specific vitamins and minerals from well known brands in the chemist.

H

healthybrain

Like I said I'v done a ton of research on this. Like everyone I gathered my information from a website, who doesnt? These are all individually purchased.
Wheres the scientific proof of the mechanism for how Lithium works, or all the other drugs they test on us to see how they work.

I find it kinda ridiculous people would spend over a thousand dollars for 30 pills and think my list is to extensive or invalid. The Chinese have been practicing medicine (some that works better than western) for thousands of years and is still not recognized by western practice.

If anything what we need for mental illness are treatment options that are not dictated by big pharma and the doctors who push those drugs.