• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Lamictal (Lamotrigine)

B

Butterfly00

Hi, I have schizoaffective disorder.

I have a question, does someone on this forum use Lamictal (Lamotrigine)?

If yes, how is your experience with it?

carlita

carlita

I take it for Epilepsy. I've taken it for almost 20 years. The XR (extended release) version helps me personally. In my opinion, I think XR is better than the regular only because my doctor said it goes in your system slower than the regular one. Unfortunately, XR is about $4,000 more expensive (what I know). But it depends on where you live and if you have insurance.

It really depends on your condition. Talk with a doctor (psychiatrist, neurologist, so have you) about it as well.

I

Inie

I didn’t take very long maybe 3 weeks had to discontinue because it gave me a rash. Be cautious of this. Everyone reacts differently.

B

Butterfly00

I take it for Epilepsy. I've taken it for almost 20 years. The XR (extended release) version helps me personally. In my opinion, I think XR is better than the regular only because my doctor said it goes in your system slower than the regular one. Unfortunately, XR is about $4,000 more expensive (what I know). But it depends on where you live and if you have insurance.

It really depends on your condition. Talk with a doctor (psychiatrist, neurologist, so have you) about it as well.
Thank you for your answer!

B

Butterfly00

I didn’t take very long maybe 3 weeks had to discontinue because it gave me a rash. Be cautious of this. Everyone reacts differently.
Thank you for your answer!

N

Nate

I was on lamictal for awhile I can't remember why I got off it. I know that it can cause a serious rash.

B

Butterfly00

I was on lamictal for awhile I can't remember why I got off it. I know that it can cause a serious rash.
How was your experience with Lamictal, if you can remember it?