• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lamictal and seroquel withdrawal

H

Hopeful girl

Hi folks, I'm new here. I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with withdrawal from Lamictal and/or seroquel. I've been on 400mg of Lamictal for over 5 years. I take 200mg in the morning and 200 at night. It used to be that if I forgot my morning dose, by about 4pm I would become restless, agitated, unable to focus or finish a task, literally pacing and not knowing what was wrong. My face starts to feel hot and I feel like my head is going to "pop". That usually about when I remember I've forgotten to take my Lamictal. I take it and within 30 minutes I'm feel totally normal again. My do to shrugged it off and told me that it doesn't stay in my system that long.
Some days, even when I take it in the morning I get like this in the afternoon anyway and will take my evening dose early.
Nowadays, if I forget I am like this by 10 or 11am. It scares me to think that I may be becoming resistant to Lamictal.
It also scares me what would happen if I didn't get it. Would I end up in the ER? I carry some in my purse for emergencies.
I have also been on 25mg - 50mg of seroquel for as long. It makes me drowsy so I take it at night. Just this week I had three nights of insomnia, waking at 2 or 3 am and never getting back to sleep. Yesterday I realized I had not put the seroquel in my pill box so I had missed my dose thre nights in a row. I made the connection. Last night I resumed my dose and added a Restoril because I couldn't take the chance of not sleeping again. Today I feel normal.
I also noticed that I had burning or itchy skin over those three days.
Has anyone else experienced any of this?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum.

I can't help at all but hopefully this will give this a little bump.

Marliee x