• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ladymoon!

F

fair&square75

Hello �� I was just wondering if you are allowed on the pill injection or implant if u have a high blood pressure? Looking to get help with periods as when on antidepressants I can fight very well and keep certain feelings/issues at bay,but when that time of month comes around I'm complete wreck...i would even pay for a hystorectomy if I could that's how bad I feel about it! Any help would be greatly appreciated,have spoke to GP about the pill but I'm.not allowed it due to my age,I'm a smoker and continuos high blood pressure (I always think things for me is sods law) x

T

Topcat

The supplement Agnus Castus is supposed to be very helpful for lady symptoms, not an instant fix, most these things take a little while to notice a difference
My mum also took evening primrose oil for moods, she said it helped.
X

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
if you look on the nhs website it has all the info and you can do a test to see the best ones for you.
also i just got that supplement that topcat recommended, it says on the pack that it can take 3 months to feel the benefit, also magnesium is suppose to be good. i got this from the nhs website too.

Last edited:
F

fair&square75

Thankyou guys...im hoping to give up soon brat,but them ecig things I don't trust,gonna look up nhs and get some of them vitamins ��

F

fair&square75

They should call periods monster moon for me haha

Gajolene

Gajolene

I agree with you fair&square and I've met a lot who agree that anxiety and depression related mh disorders and people with bipolar have mood swings on thier periods that seem 100 times worse they would than a normal functioning person. Myself included. I've mentioned it to my doctors more than once and also had it dismissed/passed off as not so bad or me making it worse than really is, by doctors of both sexes. Also read the other day a woman can go through the hot flashes and mood swings up to seven years before menopause sets in. Doctors shun away from medicating with the pill now because of the cancer connection especially if your a smoker except in really extream circumstances.
10991281_1041067522576442_2486573078763759362_n.jpg

Last edited: