• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

lack of motivation and i don't know what to do with my life

K

kazurengan

i don't know whats wrong with me, recently i've been thinking a lot of what i do want to do with my life in the future, which job i want to do, but nothing comes to my mind, most of time i spend the days in front of my computer
doing literally nothing and i have lack of motivation to do anything. i used to play games when i got home and now i don't even feel like it, a thing that i like to do, but no motivation to do it, its so annoying. i thought about getting a job as game developer, but i don't have motivation to start learning as well

unfortunately i can't afford a psychologist at the moment, i went to a pshychologist already but it was due to my social
anxiety, but now it seems that i'm getting into a depression, or at least feels like it.

is there something i can do at home? since i start to feel very anxious, i'm more comfortable at home

P

Perseph

Is there anything you like or are interested in even if you don't do? Travel, music, anime, etc? I am a chronic introvert with avoidant personality - vicious circle - but I joined a travel meetup group in January and found I can talk if I am really interested in a subject, and that gives me confidence. Or even an online forum?

M

markprosso538

Try being around people as much as possible to feel better, simple hobbies that you enjoy too is always good. It may be that you're getting bored of video games.

F

Faith7

i don't know whats wrong with me, recently i've been thinking a lot of what i do want to do with my life in the future, which job i want to do, but nothing comes to my mind, most of time i spend the days in front of my computer
doing literally nothing and i have lack of motivation to do anything. i used to play games when i got home and now i don't even feel like it, a thing that i like to do, but no motivation to do it, its so annoying. i thought about getting a job as game developer, but i don't have motivation to start learning as well

unfortunately i can't afford a psychologist at the moment, i went to a pshychologist already but it was due to my social
anxiety, but now it seems that i'm getting into a depression, or at least feels like it.

is there something i can do at home? since i start to feel very anxious, i'm more comfortable at home
Maybe volunteer from home first to see what suits you? to find out what skills you have, that would suit different jobs, there is a thing over here in Wales called Careers Wales that discuss what skills you have and what job you would suit. I found it quite useful but in the end sometimes you know yourself better than others. Maybe you need time to recover first take time for yourself and see the doctor if you can. I once had anxiety attacks but it went away eventually. I don't have depression but I can feel depressed sometimes with my schitzophrenia. I'm doing well at the moment though. Hope you feel more motivated soon hugs

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Myself put up goals that I want to reach and do, it’s a bit like a bucket list. I often don’t have motivations I’ve changed university 3 times (sweden have free education). I’ve settled down on pharmacist.

I love playing games but I’ve lost interested to play, I’ve lost interested in most of my hobbies I used to love. It’s a bit like I don’t have the motivation to start the games but if I start I’ll get a rush when I play, I know i still love my hobbies but the motivation aren’t there. So I just need to force myself to do it and I will get suck into my hobby if I can keep my focus.

My own bucket list and goals is mostly traveling plans for example hiking, do a car trip in europe, get a license for motorbike and so on. It makes me keep focus on studying and working part-time while I study. It helps me keep myself together, when I just want to sleep and lay in bed. Sometimes I will drag out my introvert friends, when I feel like I’m spiraling down or spent too much indoors. I like movies and watching musicals, so I will invite a friend to do those things or just grab a coffee and eat good pastries. Even though I don’t have motivations I force myself to do things. I always write a check list on things I need to do.

So I try to do all the things I’ve written down, I don’t care if I do everything that was planned. I will just move things I didn’t do to the next day and check them off slowly. It’s my way to keep doing things and keep my life on track.

Myself tried many things before I choiced what to study. Yeah, I had a kind of hit and miss. There are many things within gaming than just programming which you can study. If it turn out programming weren’t your thing but you are still interest to work within that area. But it will help trying things to find where you have strengths or seem a little bit interested in.

S

saha

It's perfectly normal to feel demotivated sometime . It's alright . Stop worrying . You will get a job as game developer .