• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Lack of life

H

Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover

I just don't have enough to make it too much longer, I have tried several years, in different ways but it always comes back to this feeling of pain and soo much hate for myself.
I have always managed to put me into situations where I get hurt, I feel like I give my all to the people I love and at the same time somehow the only see soo little of it.
I haven't been able to make friends or maintain friendships cause I don't make people talk to me, probably cause I made them not trust in me for reasons I don't know. Anyway, I decided I'll try and let this out and cry a bit see if it helps, I have been thinking about suicide too much lately, and I haven't found energy to do anything.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Suicide helpline for Mexico 5255102550

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

Last edited:
R

requiemforameme

Hi there, I can relate a bit to your post and wanted to maybe offer a bit of advice. I also struggle with maintaining friendships and often find myself feeling lonely. The way I see it, there are two things you can do in this situation:
1) Work towards making your future friendships better based on what you've learned from the past; 2) become comfortable with yourself, and learn to get the support and validation you might get from others from within.
This may depend on the kind of person you are, but I find I'm often just as lonely around people that don't understand me on a deep level as I am when I'm truly alone. Granted, I'm not an outgoing person in the first place, more the opposite, but I find I often enjoy my own company more than others. I also find there's a lot about myself I've neglected to understand, like the things I enjoy in life and give me the urge to live. So, you can either look at it as you just haven't found your people yet, or you haven't learned enough about yourself yet. Or both. In any case, there's so much room for discovery. Hope that helps.