labour or conservative? GO!

C

Callalily

And my libdem candidate lost. As elsewhere it seems the libdems are getting a hammering.
Yeah, not a good night for them. I'm pleased as feel they sold out big style but sorry for you as I think I remember you saying you had a really good MP? Did tories get in for you?

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

no Labour candidate, an unknown in terms of ability at the moment.
Our UKiP MP, who lost, was excellent but that is life in political terms. The party took more of a bashing than expected but the coalition decision was not a clever one for them. Some big names have been ousted and not just with UKIP.

L

Lost.Boy

I'm pretty devastated about the Tory potential to win here, it's close but clear it's going to happen. The anxiety this brings pains me immensely to the point I feel like giving in. I posted on here nearly 5 years ago saying I dread what the cuts would do to an already poor service, I look back and realise it was good back then, now it really IS bad. 5 years of less help and more state persecution makes me think I might as well end it all, what chance do us mentally ill people have when the government know we're nothing but an expense to the economy? I feel we're already written off as human beings, god knows what's going to happen next :(

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the scooter is a bit of a luxury though at my age climbing hills on pushbike with shopping or taking it on the bus, theres the savings i've got, the housing officer says foodbanks won't give me more money, i said i could spend the money i would spend on food on something else

Guess theres my 3 cans a night as well, prefer them to sleeping pills but pills are free on prescription at least as long as theres an nhs, even then they'll be available as they save the state money

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I would very much like to see a referendum for London's independence!

coz we didn't vote in this shit!

The rest of you can go bast yourselves :D hehe

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I would very much like to see a referendum for London's independence!

coz we didn't vote in this shit!

The rest of you can go bast yourselves :D hehe
I'm thinking the West Country needs to stage another Pitchfork Rebellion.. though obviously this time we'll be after the Prime Minister and this time we'll win.. :whistle:

L

Lancaster Sam

Well they did allocate 8 billion in welfare to cut... plus the BBC did an analysis on MH spending which they think will be reduced. Plus they'll have less leverage because they promised about 30 billion in unfunded spending, and GDP growth is still sluggish for historical standards. I suppose the only good news is that most forecasts predict public spending rising by the end of the Parliament, it's just the first few years where cuts will be deep.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Well they did allocate 8 billion in welfare to cut... plus the BBC did an analysis on MH spending which they think will be reduced. Plus they'll have less leverage because they promised about 30 billion in unfunded spending, and GDP growth is still sluggish for historical standards. I suppose the only good news is that most forecasts predict public spending rising by the end of the Parliament, it's just the first few years where cuts will be deep.
i thought the figure was 12 billion, anyway you can only be hung once

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It's the Queen's speech in 15 days where we find out how much our benefits will be cut by.
I am thinking the nightmare will begin then,worried sick,:eek2:
Anybody here know or wants to hazard a guess how sharp the axe is and where it will fall?
Can you wiggle your toes? Sorry, you're fit for work and will have your benefits cut.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Gee Somerset, that is scary,quit frightening me.They aren't able to chuck the lot of us off benefits are they,not if we are in the support group and so obviously ill?
No sorry Nikkita, i'm sort of taking the mickey and don't mean to worry you.. :hug1:

From what i've read, it sounds like under-25s could be in for it.
In work benefits may be reduced (which makes no sense to me, if somebody is struggling on part time wages).
Also there are rumours about child benefit, aren't there?
And there will be a 'benefits cap'.

As an aside, this means that Universal Credit is actually going to be a thing that happens then?
Fucks sake. What a shitty, stupid idea that is going to fuck people over (I don't care what they say, it IS about saving money.. especially as Iain Dunked-in Shit has already spent MILLIONS on it so far).

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my brother said there will be a benefit cap for families and it won't effect me i said theres also a single persons max income and it's lower, he said i didn't know that

The single persons max income with high london rents i could reach, touchwood dla or pip aren't included

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I received a letter from DWP yesterday with a tax form stating how much benefit I got for the last year and how much tax I had paid which so far is £0.00 but I am guessing they are sending those out now cos they are going to start taxing our benefits.Anyone else received one of them forms?They are known as P60U forms.Nikitax
Think everyone getsone of these every year, I know i do.

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
As far as I know (and I read this a while ago so might get it wrong, but I am sure smarty pants mayfair can fill in the details:D) but RBS have half hundred shit accounts they have tucked away, which no one is talking about atm, and no doubt we'll have to cover !! The financial crisis is NOT over yet !!

But the turkey voted for christmas so off we fucking go again !!!

Nikita - I am in the same position as you and am just as worried xxxx

D

Darby

Although I wanted Labour in at least Conversatives have won a majority. I hate, absoutely hate colliations, just a waste of time for everybody. At least everyone knows where the goverment stand now and who is to blame and who is to take credit for the next 5 years of government. Especially when the cuts come in, I want all these conversative voters to understand whose cutting them instead of saying well it could be Lib Dems as well. Nope it's conversatives.