labels and names

C

Clint 23

I find a lot of people debating over the names of mental illness and even over that too. nobody cares what its called, when my doc told me i had schizophrenia the name meant nothing to me the illness did. you can put whip cream on top of it and a cherry but it'll still be schizophrenia. so stop with the changing the names cause changing the names of the illness won't cure you at all. you'll still have it instead put the focus how to actually help these people. when a doc walks into a room and tells a person they have cancer you think that person cares what the name is lol not at all

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if the police come to your flat ask you if your drunk then ask you if your on drugs and you say medical drugs and they ask what for, the word schitzoprenia makes an enormous difference

fazza

fazza

I thought I was having a heart attack once. The ambulance crew asked me what meds I was on and for what conditions it was for they soon changed there attitude when I said schizophrenia. All following questions went through my wife as if my opinion did not count

|||ME|||

|||ME|||

Maybe one of the best ways to help people is to think about the way we view them and the language we use to describe them.

Just a thought ...