• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

labeled clusterB but pdoc wasn't sure which :S

mypd

mypd

Hi everyone,

My frustration with personality disorders are that they are all similar but yet so different. I was disgnosed as having cluster B traits, instead of one perticulr disorder. So, I hunted around, even made a webpage Http://mypersonalitydisorder.co.cc.

Now, I nagged my pdoc fora specific dignosis (I needed to grasp it) and he said I lean closer to borderline than others. To me, that feels like a cop out. Eitehr I am ill or I'm not. (Actually, I am bipolar aswell)

How can I be diagnosed as a range...

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent

dib4uk

dib4uk

Well as far as i know a person can be diagnosed with more than one personality disorder BUT for the psydoc to headge his bets on what you're suffering from suggests that maybe you do have two types of personality disorder.

Plus i think that it is a bit of a cop out from your psychdoc.

mypd

mypd

Thanks for answering.

From everything I have read, if I diagnosed myself it would be a few but.. I shouldn't have to do it. The only reason I want to know is so I an watch that for traits. I can also let those closest to me know things to be aware of.

I have an anxiety disorder and a rapid cycle Bipolar disorder also. (if I'm double personality disorder I'll run out of room on my wallet card :)

Thanks again for writing back

Mypd

dib4uk

dib4uk

For me its hard to distingush between my personality disorder and my biploa i have cyclothymia, and i find every day a struggle recently, and like i've just said is that i dont know where one problem starts and the other one ends. Which one is the personality disorder and which one is the biploa, sometimes i get very confused.... your not on your own

As for telling people the ones who care know i struggle with my moods, and thats as far as im prepaired to tell them, for they dont need to know much more than that.

iffybob

iffybob

how old are you ... ?

If you are under 25 with mixed/complexed PD traits ... you wont get a diagnosis ... sozthats the way it goes ... they wont stick a lable like that on you ... rightly ...

... your doc should be treating your symtoms/issuses on an individual basis ...

... I hope that clarifies things ....

... boB ... :cool:

mypd

mypd

Unfortunately, I am 38

And, I am collecting mental health issues like my x-wife collected shoes(y). The personality is the one that drives me the most crazy (so to speak).

For example, I can't accept in my mind that people actually exist beyond my interaction with them. And that's a step from not believing they in fact had dreams hopes etc. At least I now know they exist. I mean I am writing this but not really sure the person reading has any other function at all. If you replay, same struggle.

I cold go on and on about my misunderstandings but that would become boring. I think so far my pdoc has been focused on the bipolar part. Since that can be redirected through medication. I have just begun with a new psychotherapist to focus on these so I am seeing the positive on it way. Thanks you everyone who wrote back, it was appreciated

iffybob

iffybob

ok so your 38 .. how long have you been in touch with MH services ...

... yes what you are talking about is a from of disassosiation, I dont think it is that uncommon ... I also misinterperate a lot of thind esp social things .. ;)

iffybob

iffybob

New cluster "U"(nRx) .. created ... cos your worth it ... :p