Kinda new here, feeling alone

P

Pecaldwell

Hello, I'm kind of new here, I've been diagnosed with Schizoaffective, OCD and i have Depersonalization, i just decided to delete my FB account, it makes me unhappy and i got tired of the loud arguments and fairy tale lives and i'm trying to do some things for me and i don't want to seek validation through it anymore. I guess i just want to say Hi and hopefully i've found a good place here. I feel pretty alone, my 2 friends got married yesterday, i had a lot of fun at the wedding but I saw everything that I've wanted in my life that i'll probably never have, I've been feeling pretty sad. I don't want to put this on my friends because i want them to be happy but i just need to get it out. well, anyway, i think that's all for now, thank you.

M

Meadow Cat

I understand and it has been hard for me too. It has been hard for many years now and my older friends are now grandparents which is another thing i will never be. I'm ok about it, just about ok, because this is my life and this is how it is. Mental illness is not the only thing that stops people reaching that fairytale. The fairytale looks wonderful but i am sure there are other types of wonderful and other happy tales for you too. You never know what the future holds so focus on you, what you would like to do next, one thing, and go for it. Get lots of rest, avoid stress, and make a nice life for you, and see what happens.

D

Demile

Hello Pacaldwell,
Welcome! I hope that your day gets better. Dealing with SZA cam be difficult. I'm new to the diagnosis though I have been having the symptoms for years. I know life may seem depressing but it will get better. I can tell you what my therapist told me. make a long term goal and the make smaller goal of what you want to do and slowly work your way up. You can cross off the smaller goals on your travels and it can make you fell less overwhelmed. Life can be a very dark place but you can reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

P

Pecaldwell

Thank you all for welcoming me. I'm also coming to terms with the diagnosis I was so deluded into thinking I was okay and didn't need help. Thought I had it all figured out. I haven't made a goal or focused on me in a long time. I feel like I've tried a lot of different things. I trained myself to jog 3 blocks without a break. I'm a former smoker too. But once the meds hit I gained a lot of weight and my drive was destroyed so I fell back and was so angry. I kind of gave up on it. It's so hard seeing ahead of this illness.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi Pecaldwell,

Welcome!x

Much love <3

M

Meadow Cat

You get used to the new curves. Less wrinkly face on the plus side, with extra weight. Better diet too as you eat more carefully and exercise more to stop gaining too much. There are other meds if it gets too bad. Just take your time with everything and it'll get easier.

DiAnna

DiAnna

Hello, I'm kind of new here, I've been diagnosed with Schizoaffective, OCD and i have Depersonalization, i just decided to delete my FB account, it makes me unhappy and i got tired of the loud arguments and fairy tale lives and i'm trying to do some things for me and i don't want to seek validation through it anymore. I guess i just want to say Hi and hopefully i've found a good place here. I feel pretty alone, my 2 friends got married yesterday, i had a lot of fun at the wedding but I saw everything that I've wanted in my life that i'll probably never have, I've been feeling pretty sad. I don't want to put this on my friends because i want them to be happy but i just need to get it out. well, anyway, i think that's all for now, thank you.
Alone is a feeling a lot of us suffering have. Anyone that hasn’t experienced hallucinations etc. has no idea how to relate

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Schizoaffective Forum 2
P Schizoaffective Forum 11