• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Kind of a rough few days, anxiety wise

F

fiora

Hey, it’s been a while since I came on here. Things had been going pretty well actually. Roughly a month or so since I didn’t experience any major anxiety. But lately I have started feeling anxious again, about nothing and everything at the same time. No particular reasons or things making me anxious. Nothing I can quite put a finger on. I just have been experiencing really fast heart rate and this sinking feeling inside my chest. Nothing bad has happened or anything like that. I just occasionally feel this way. Any tips that’ll help me feel better or take my mind off of it?

O

Orangeade

Hey, it’s been a while since I came on here. Things had been going pretty well actually. Roughly a month or so since I didn’t experience any major anxiety. But lately I have started feeling anxious again, about nothing and everything at the same time. No particular reasons or things making me anxious. Nothing I can quite put a finger on. I just have been experiencing really fast heart rate and this sinking feeling inside my chest. Nothing bad has happened or anything like that. I just occasionally feel this way. Any tips that’ll help me feel better or take my mind off of it?
Welcome back! Anxiety doesnt need a reason it just comes in the most annoying of times. What i like to do is listen to a podcast, maybe this could help you? Have you got any anxiety medication that you could take when you feel like this?

F

fiora

@Orangeade hey, thanks. And no, I do not have any medication. I have not been to a psychologist or psychiatrist yet, I will one day. I am currently studying psychology in college and gradually understanding more and more about my own mental health and experiences.

O

Orangeade

@Orangeade hey, thanks. And no, I do not have any medication. I have not been to a psychologist or psychiatrist yet, I will one day. I am currently studying psychology in college and gradually understanding more and more about my own mental health and experiences.
Wow thats great! Im hoping you get to understand it more and i will deffo come to you then seeing as you’re studying it. Best of luck with your studying x

F

fiora

Wow thats great! Im hoping you get to understand it more and i will deffo come to you then seeing as you’re studying it. Best of luck with your studying x
Thank you. I really do hope all of this will one day help me help someone, who experiences the same things, feel a little better. I generally do meditate to calm down, the 4-7-8 breathing technique (if done for a long period of time) helps, and like I read that if you feel you have anxiety stored up in your chest, you should take deep breaths while pushing on the lower part of your diaphragm. That does help. But sometimes I just wish there was a switch to turn off my brain so I could just simply exist. I know a lot of people have it so much worse than I do but it gets tiring sometimes, for me as well as people around me who are very supportive but since they don’t go through the same thing (at least not at this point of time) they can sometimes not fully comprehend what anxiety feels like and dismiss it, maybe not intentionally.

O

Orangeade

Thank you. I really do hope all of this will one day help me help someone, who experiences the same things, feel a little better. I generally do meditate to calm down, the 4-7-8 breathing technique (if done for a long period of time) helps, and like I read that if you feel you have anxiety stored up in your chest, you should take deep breaths while pushing on the lower part of your diaphragm. That does help. But sometimes I just wish there was a switch to turn off my brain so I could just simply exist. I know a lot of people have it so much worse than I do but it gets tiring sometimes, for me as well as people around me who are very supportive but since they don’t go through the same thing (at least not at this point of time) they can sometimes not fully comprehend what anxiety feels like and dismiss it, maybe not intentionally.
We all need to stop this mentality of ‘people have it worse than me’ i have a habit of doing this. What we all feel is valid

F

fiora

We all need to stop this mentality of ‘people have it worse than me’ i have a habit of doing this. What we all feel is valid
Of course you’re right. We say that to others but it’s different when it comes to addressing our own problems. Of course it’s valid.