• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

keto snacks please

J

jamraspberry

Any advice on keto snacks to nibble on?

Internet says nuts, special shakes, eggs, veg, chocolate, popcorn, oils, seeds...

Any recipes, let me know. Thanks.

My steroid medications are making me obese so I need some diet I can do slowly to make some effort. I'm not crash dieting like before, result is I got gall stone problems, chronic pain.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Staff member
Hi @jamraspberry
I feel your pain. I too am trying to lose some weight by cutting out carbs. Not at all easy but the wellbeing lady at our doctors surgery suggested it would help me. If you are in the UK your gp might be able to refer you to slimming world for a three month trial, you dont have to go to meetings it can be done online. Im just waiting for mine to come through.

Here with you!
Hugs
Fox

Q

QueenFan

I lost weight, and it comes back on again even now if I eat bread/yeast, by dropping bread as a staple and replacing it with ground oats. Overnight oats they are called, soaked in water for me with cinnamon and chia seeds but everyone who takes to it seems to come up with their own recipe. I can buy a low-carb supermarket brand yoghurt here which is pretty good.

One of my egg recipes is a teaspoon of butter, microwave 30 seconds, add beaten egg/cream mix and microwave until risen and cooked, it comes out souffle texture.

I've found mixing textures helps too, so I'd serve the egg souffle on a bed of fresh baby greens, it wilts them down to delicious!

I have been eating high cocoa solid chocolate for a while, for the taste and for the iron.

There's a keto microwave coconut flour bread which is an egg, coconut flour, water beaten and cooked in the microwave for one minute in melted butter. I eat that with salad. Teaspoon of mayo, glass of water with lime or lemon.

There's a natural ginger drink too helped me, just peel and slice fresh ginger, top with boiling water, cover and chill 2 days.

G

goodgollymiss

You can make low fat chilli
You can take out library cook books

G

goodgollymiss

You can make tuna salad with black bean corn tomatoes and salad dressing
You can make tabouli parsley salad
You can make multigrain pancakes with carmelized onions and oyster sauce in the batter
You can make homemade granola
You can soak white beans and make baked beans
You can make cream of mushroom soup, first fry mushrooms, then cook 1tbs of butter and 1tbs of flour together. Slowly add a 1/2cup of milk. Stir to thicken. Then add another cup of milk. Stir to thicken. You cant add all of the milk at once or there will be lumps. Keep adding milk until you get the right thickness. Add boullion powder and mushrooms and herbs of your choice

Me Myself

Me Myself

For those counting carbs or who want to eat those products this brand Seite is good. Its a bit pricy as compared to regular chips but bag is about the same size as regular chips and not smaller so that's good.

Walmart and Supermarkets have them. They also have plain if you want to dunk in some cheese or salsa.

And Keto products. Some online store like netrition.com has chips.

I don't know if you live in the US but if transportation is a thing or you are too tired/ill there is places like Insta cart and the mentioned Walmart has online shopping for nonperishables and other things. Or your own SM may already have delivery of course. :)