Kent

S

sonar891

Hey there, I'm from Sevenoaks - does anybody else go to the Charlton project? (like a sports club run jointly by Early Intervention and Charlton Athletic)

E

Eeyore is my name

Maidstone. Hoping to hook up with people who understand and have just asked to join K.A.S.H.A via facebook page. Perhaps I will see some of you at one of their meet ups?

I

incognito78

Hi I'm from Tunbridge Wells, please keep me posted if anyone knows of any local group meets : )

C

clarky171

Hi,
I´m living in Rochester and would like to know of any groups around the area or it would just be nice to get in contact with people who are in a similar situation. Thanks!

Palladian

Palladian

Hi I used to live in Whitstable and Canterbury I live in Cardigan Wales now I'm a bit lonely and would like to chat with people who either have mental illness or work in mental illness from where I used to live.

Palladian

Palladian

Hi there I am in whitstable :) And go to the umbrella centre a lot, sometimes I volunteer there it's a great place. It re-opens on the 4th or 5th, sorry can't remember! Parasol has different sessions in the week but you can turn up any time for a cheap cuppa or just to chill. Just pop in and ask in the office. The manager is called rob and hes really nice. If you'd like a friendly face to meet there id be happy to meet you there for a cuppa sometime, pm me if you like :)

Do go it's great!

Eta sorry website is rubbish I am meant to sort that oops!
Hi Peatalsoup I used to live in whitstable and canterbury I also loved the umbrella centre. I think it was the umbrella centre it was in the park in canterbury I miss kent a lot I live in wales now and I'm a bit lonely.

Palladian

Palladian

Hi, I'm in Whitstable. I'd like to hear more about the parasol group.

Hi Blackdog how you doing? The group in canterbury is in the park next to the west gate towers. I loved it there when I lived in canterbury. Well worth a visit.

S

schwarzwald

It seems most of these posts in Kent are about meeting.
What I would love to know is "how is the mental health care in your area?".
I am intending to move to wherever my wife can get some quality talking therapy. Not a bit of CBT or drug "therapy" but long-term help from someone who is not a briefly trained nurse.
OK, so I am sounding negative and critical - but after years of such limited understanding and help that it has been pointless we are getting to a pretty critical state.
Thanks

O

Oliviasarah1606

Maidstone. Hoping to hook up with people who understand and have just asked to join K.A.S.H.A via facebook page. Perhaps I will see some of you at one of their meet ups?
Hi there I am also from Maidstone and wondered what KASHA is? Also are there any meet ups that you're aware of in the maidstone area? Olivia

O

Oliviasarah1606

I'm from maidstone..this forum seems like such a good idea--do u have anyone around u that understands what ur going through? I'm bipolar...can be very isolating..I don't know anyone else with the illness around me unfortunately