Kent

O

oldestrocker

Hi - a newbie from Hawkinge. If you don't know where that is - it's at the centre of Dover/Canterbury/Folkestone/Romney Marsh.

I posted a question on the benefits forum, hoping for an answer that could affect 1,000's of claimants.

tH@l35

tH@l35

Hi, I am in Canterbury too. I was thinking of setting up a group as I haven't seen many groups in this area.
Does anyone know of groups around Canterbury?

P

Petalsoup

hi there, do you know canterbury umbrella centre? I usually go to a different one as I volunteer there, but when I was having a really hard time I went to canterbury umbrella to flake out and it was really nice and friendly. You can just turn up and talk to the staff, they have lots going on or you can just chillax (or freak out in a corner lol!)

A

angel8

Hi all I'm from sittingbourne. In one mind I want to go to a group but in other I cant do it. Maybe it's a wait a while. But does anyone know of anything happening in the area?!

P

Petalsoup

I dont know sittingbourne, there must be something but I know there's an umbrella centre at faversham which isn't far on train x

L

laura442

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I have just moved to whitstable and would liketo find out more about the parasol club or any other groups. I find it very hard to get out of the hose and am spending far too much time on my own.
many thanks laura xxx

P

Petalsoup

Hi there I am in whitstable :) And go to the umbrella centre a lot, sometimes I volunteer there it's a great place. It re-opens on the 4th or 5th, sorry can't remember! Parasol has different sessions in the week but you can turn up any time for a cheap cuppa or just to chill. Just pop in and ask in the office. The manager is called rob and hes really nice. If you'd like a friendly face to meet there id be happy to meet you there for a cuppa sometime, pm me if you like :)

Do go it's great!

Eta sorry website is rubbish I am meant to sort that oops!

G

Gilbertine

Hello everyone! I'm from Orpington, Kent (which is a London Borough). I think that the mental health services in my area are really bad.

Bomazu

Bomazu

Hi there,

If there are any group meets taking place, then I'd like to register my interest. I live near Rochester, Kent and would really like to meet fellow members :) I suffer from a degree of social anxiety, but am keen to socialize so feel free to reply to this thread or PM me if anyone would like to hook up now or in the future.

Perhaps if people from the forum were to meet they could post a little info about themselves as a kind of introduction to whos who before meeting and then arrange a time and date over email if anyone is worried about privacy on a public forum?

E

earthling

I'm in sunny tunbridge wells.
:( but thats far away from all you guys!!
T Wells? - That's too cool man!!! - Big up from the Tonbridge possie!!!

The Tonbridge Drop-in Centre, 3 St Marys Road, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 2LD

Social Drop-In Club
Mondays 1pm – 4pm
This group is run by two Peer Support volunteers. Come and join us for coffee and friendly company.

Open Sessions:
Wednesdays 10am – 4pm,
Thursdays 12pm – 3pm.

Informal open access sessions for people with mental health needs who require support and want to meet with others in a safe and relaxed setting. There is an opportunity to meet with support staff and find out more about what services, activities and community resources are available. No need to make an appointment (although you can if you prefer), just turn up! You will need to complete a short form which you can do online at the bottom of this page, or when you are here.

For more details ring this number: 01732 356630 and leave a message.

The Tonbridge Drop-in Centre is managed by Sevenoaks Area Mind

http://sevenoaksareamind.org.uk

S

Selz1977

Hi everyone, I just registered and am living in Tunbridge Wells. I did live in Tonbridge for a few months this year but hated driving from there to TW for work!

lupinerainbow

lupinerainbow

Hey, i'm also from sittingbourne, don't know anything in our area? Can anyone help?

Lupine :flowers: x

K

kasha

If you are in the UK and would like to come to a meet in Kent, London, Essex, Sussex, or Surrey then please click the link and ask to join the group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASHA.GROUP/
At the moment we only have meets in Kent but if we get enough members from other areas then meets will be set up in those areas too.

M

midbugslife

Hi all, im new to this and have posed a message in the “new” section of the forum,
Sunny and Kent don’t belong together! Anyways I’m in Medway and am a care for my wife, I am also part of the careers society in Gillingham but don’t get down there much.
As I said I’m new and looking for some support for myself (just chatting to others in the same situation helps) and ideas on what to do next!
Look forward’s to getting to know you all
Colin