Kent

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi MID
welcome to the forum. The main forums are really good I don't think anything has happened yet with the Kent forum.I suppose at the end of the day it will depend on whose interested and what people want from it.
KP

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi we all seem to be relatively close. Any ideas of what we want from the local forum. I'm I have to admit a bit uneasy about going out to meet people I don't know so if we thought about what we want and sorted out a safe venue we could meet up socially.
What do people think????

M

mld

I would prefer to get to know a little more about people over the net (I think) before meeting up. But there again it may be safer to chat in person rather than over the net, that's open to others!

In other words - I suppose I would get the will to meet people, with a lot of anxiety welling up.

Does that make sense?

M.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
yes I do understand what you mean.
If we did explore meeting as a group maybe one of the mental health venues would be a good idea.
I quite like the thought of an informal get together and maybe a self help group not linked to to cmhts as such but I don't really know.So far I've avoided a lot of group things.

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
I know what you mean and I'm not sure what to do either.......:unsure:

P

PrincessPearl

I know this is an old thread but I live in Maidstone and wondered if you guys have a group going that I could join?

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Not that I know of, not sure I'm ready to meet people in person yet :eek:. When I posted originally I was thinking about comparing notes on available services etc.

F

fran

Hi from Ramsgate

I am in Ramsgate in East Kent, though originally from London. Is there a group in my area?
Fran

O

oldboiler

Hello, all. I'm in Deal, also in East Kent. I'm a complete novice at all this forum malarkey. I'm currently really struggling with the DWP over ESA- they've stopped my benefit so I'm appealing, and it's horribly stressful. It would be good to hear about anyone else's experiences-I know this is a very common problem, and they (the DWP) seem to pick on the most vulnerable of their "customers" (jeering).

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi all you people of Kent or Kentish people.
There does seem to be some potential in meeting up.
One venue that occured to me that would be a "safe" meeting area is the Parasol Groups. I have recently started going to one and it's a good place to meet people if you are feeling down or isolated.
If anyone is interested you can pm me and we can see if we can arrange something.
KP

F

fran

Parasol groups

Never heard of Parasol Groups but have heard of Umbrella Groups....as in the Canterbury Umbrella...can you clarify?

O

oldboiler

I don't know what a parasol group is either, but that was a good piece of lateral thinking, Fran

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Parasols and umberellas! I think they are the same thing(but I could be wrong). I'm thinking of the parasol group in Whitstable which is for people with mental health issues and meets socially at the community centre with various activities. I believe the Canterbury and Herne Bay Umberella centres are the same.
Anyway what I was thinking is that if we wanted to meet we could join one of them if not already members and meet up. If we wanted to meet in Whitstable I could speak to the staff there about arranging it. If we wanted to meet at another one then maybe someone else could volunteer.
I am not in anyway connected with the management of these places just thought they would be a safe place to meet.

C

Casper

I'm in sunny tunbridge wells.
:( but thats far away from all you guys!!

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hello up there in sunny Tunbridge wells.
KP