• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Keeping a mood diary

J

jakeg123

Hi guys, I've started keeping a mood diary using this new website, which I thought you guys may like to also use?

It allows you to rate and track your mood, as a sort of 'social' mood diary

http://www.moodpanda.com

The format of the website is a friendly appearance, without the intimidating medical depth that some mood sites use, but with more to offer than the usual "smily generating" mood websites that i'm sick of seeing!!!

I hope you guys like it, I find it very useful

C

coraline1664

Hi- I've had a look and it looks like it could be useful to me, thanks. :)
I just wanted to ask, is my information available to everyone? I want to add some details of what I'm doing, what I'm worried about etc so when I come back to look at the mood diary I can maybe start to see patterns and try to identify possible causes and triggers of low mood. It does let you do this but I was wondering is this information available to anyone who uses the website?

Thanks,
Liz

D

Deremna

When you sign up, you can go to the "My Privacy" link and turn it on so only you can see your updates.

J

jakeg123

of course privacy is a big part of a site like that

there is a section on there called "my privacy"

if you click that and click ENABLE PRIVACY - then ALL of your mood ratings and everything about you will be completely hidden from all public view.

it will mean you cant link to facebook/twitter, but you are completely hidden. :)

C

coraline1664

great, thanks!
That's fine because I wouldn't want to link to a social networking site- I'd like all the info to be confidential and don't use them anyway.
I wasn't sure exactly how the website tends to be used so I didn't know if there would be a privacy thing there.

thanks again,
Liz

D

Deremna

I like that you can add past dates.. My mood fluctuated a lot yesterday so I'm glad I was able to log that. Plus, there's pandas! ^_^

J

jakeg123

got to love pandas, right?! ;-)

hey i'm glad you like it, tell your friends and Press LIKE etc, I'd love for more people to know about it :)

woo!

Last edited:
D

Deremna

Definitely! Work computer blocks FB but as soon as I get home I plan on letting my friends know about it. I think it will be very helpful especially since it's hard for me to keep an actual diary. This is a lot easier.

G

gothicminx

Thanks for the link, it looks like it might be handy.

S

samanthajohnson

wow this amazing! thanks :)

loving the coloured mood-calendar!

samantha

xxxx

M

markeclipse

THIS IS AMAZING! :-D

thank you :hug::hug::hug:

J

jakeg123

firefox toolbar

They now have a firefox toolbar you can use to update your mood :)

http://www.moodpanda.com

from the site:
Many psychologists and therapists suggest that keeping a mood diary can be very therapeutic. It can help towards the first steps of treating symptoms of depression, bipolar disorders and even PMS.

Keeping a mood diary will help you track and monitor your mood. A benefit of this is that over time you can become more aware of your feelings, and the things that cause them.