Keep getting checked on in my bedroom ?

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

I will state i am not sectioned i am informal i was told they can only check in on you once per 1 hour but it happens 2 to 3 times a hour which pisses me off not sure if the new substitute nurses have no idea the rules on checking patients but id like your input if you know the regulations or any experiences with this issue ?

N

natalie

Do you have a current original existing CPN, or OT, clerk, that you could mention this aspect to, I am sure and t hat if you have one, they can then put a word in, place things into motion so that then they don't bother you every so often, or better still have a word with the senior supervisor nurse from permanent paid or temporary side, paid if there is one, and have a word with them.

Or alternatively, there ought to be in a main hospital where you are I can see that you are in London, there ought to be a PAL service, meaning Paitent and Liasion service, and you might like to see help from then, I am aware t hough you are sectioned, so might be difficult for you to get out of your ward, I would mention to any oriignal permanent nurse staffing, and then take things from there, or, if you have a meeting of review and forward planning via the pshychartrist, mention to him or her, and they can then sort matters out, all being well.

Do keep us on the odd occasion updated.

Wishing you well.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Do you have a current original existing CPN, or OT, clerk, that you could mention this aspect to, I am sure and t hat if you have one, they can then put a word in, place things into motion so that then they don't bother you every so often, or better still have a word with the senior supervisor nurse from permanent paid or temporary side, paid if there is one, and have a word with them.

Or alternatively, there ought to be in a main hospital where you are I can see that you are in London, there ought to be a PAL service, meaning Paitent and Liasion service, and you might like to see help from then, I am aware t hough you are sectioned, so might be difficult for you to get out of your ward, I would mention to any oriignal permanent nurse staffing, and then take things from there, or, if you have a meeting of review and forward planning via the pshychartrist, mention to him or her, and they can then sort matters out, all being well.

Do keep us on the odd occasion updated.

Wishing you well.
I do but is currently on at nights i will bring it up x

E

EstherRose94

Would it be weird to just ask? Like hey I realize you’ve peeked in like twelve times, did that change or what’s up? If you ask nicely just like out of curiosity they’ll either tell you or be like “sorry I can’t answer that” then you could ask someone higher up.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Would it be weird to just ask? Like hey I realize you’ve peeked in like twelve times, did that change or what’s up? If you ask nicely just like out of curiosity they’ll either tell you or be like “sorry I can’t answer that” then you could ask someone higher up.
well if i could get up quick enough i would but i currently have soft tissue damage on both feet it takes me about 5 mins to get up from bed by that time they are gone i have to let the blood rush to my feet for a few mins so i dont make it worse. Also the problem happens all the time most of the staff is temporary so you have to keep telling them its annoying as fuck

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if you make it difficult for them and from what i gather you have with that seperate complaint they will punish you for it

fazza

fazza

Sounds like you are on 15 min observations. I wouldn't worry about it and this should soon change. If it the same protocol for my nhs area its normal for all new informal and formal patients to go on 15 min obs for a few days. This is just so they can protect you.

Some patients are not honest about there symptoms so the hospital has to presume the worst so will call in on you every 15 mins until they are sure you are ok. This could take a while depending on your symptoms.

Good luck hope you get better soon

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Sounds like you are on 15 min observations. I wouldn't worry about it and this should soon change. If it the same protocol for my nhs area its normal for all new informal and formal patients to go on 15 min obs for a few days. This is just so they can protect you.

Some patients are not honest about there symptoms so the hospital has to presume the worst so will call in on you every 15 mins until they are sure you are ok. This could take a while depending on your symptoms.

Good luck hope you get better soon
its not if you have been there for 10 weeks it came down to shitty bank staff not knowing who was sectioned etc they resolved it but it still happens when other bank staff assume we all are on 15min opps