• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Keep forgetting to take medication!!

J

Jisatsu

Hello all, I haven't posted on here in ages mainly because of 2 reasons: 1) I have been feeling ok the past week or so and am afraid if I post on here I will get upset again (maybe that's why I'm not talking to my counsellor atm) and 2) because of EXAMSSS! :(

BUT, I'm here to ask how people remember to take their tablets?! I keep forgetting and missing doses and I think it's messing me up a bit?! How can I remember to take them? :(

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My wife gives me mine as I've missed doses and taken too much aswell.
A pill box is a good idea if you can remember what day of the week it is.

S

skyblue

A pill box is a good idea if you can remember what day of the week it is.
lol - Glad I'm not the only one. I've taken double the dose of what I should many times before, because I forget I've taken them earlier in the evening, and then think it's the next evening. I swear I'm going senile, unfortunately i'm just 34,.. I dread to think.

D

DELATEXT

Pill box

The pill box is an excellent idea, i use a weekly one, you can get them from the chemist, and keep a dairy,
tick off each time you take your meds, or if your mobile phone has an organiser use that to give you reminders ?:salut:

megirl

megirl

Because I tend to OD on meds my psych did exactly that weekly 'pill boxes' or 'blister packs' as we call them here. I was pretty pissed off with her when she first did it. However it does take the impulse of swallowing a whole heap of pills at once away and I remember to take them at the right time. I always thought this was just for elderly people, but realistiacally when on several pills a day it makes life a lot easier

amathus

amathus

Because I tend to OD on meds my psych did exactly that weekly 'pill boxes' or 'blister packs' as we call them here. I was pretty pissed off with her when she first did it. However it does take the impulse of swallowing a whole heap of pills at once away and I remember to take them at the right time. I always thought this was just for elderly people, but realistiacally when on several pills a day it makes life a lot easier
Yes a blister pack is a good idea....I don't know whether I can class myself as an 'elderly person' at 57!!!! Ask your pharmacist if
they can make one up for you... you do have to remember the day of the week tho'!!!

meteos.

bubbling under

bubbling under

I've forgotten to take my meds all weekend so far...think it's because I've had such a bad headache.....or have I had a bad headache because i've forgotten my meds :unsure:

megirl

megirl

meteos, no at 57 you are definitely not elderly!!! I am 34 and yeh blister packs are a great solution if you are like me and useless at remembering to take meds.
Last weekend I forgot to take my venlafaxine for two mornings then had such a bad headache ended up ODing on paracetomol to get rid of the headache then vomited everything I ate or drank for the next two days I am such an idiot.

J

Jisatsu

Well, previously I was getting weekly prescriptions to lower the risk of me ODing on my tablets but I've had a 2 week prescription now (I go back on wednesday - cannot be bothered but I HAVE to go if I want my tablets).
I think maybe because I'm off school at the moment, messed up sleeping patterns is making me forget my tablets :( I've missed 2 days now and last night I had a dream that I killed myself - is this a side effect?! I NEED to take todays but I keep forgetting! I will do it now!!

amathus

amathus

Can you put your meds in a prominent place where you can't help but see them??

Starting and stopping your meds is not good for you, you could be getting small withdrawal symptoms
and also they are not being given the chance to fully get into your system and having any efficiacy.
I understand about the mixed up sleeping patterns and crazy dreams, hopefully this will settle for you.

Take care,

meteos.

C

calastars

I leave mine by the kettle where I can see them all the time and put a reminder on my mobile when I am due to take them. I also put a couple of doses in my bag when I go out in case I am out longer than expected. This was after months of messing them up. Good luck.

bubbling under

bubbling under

I leave mine by the kettle where I can see them all the time and put a reminder on my mobile when I am due to take them. I also put a couple of doses in my bag when I go out in case I am out longer than expected. This was after months of messing them up. Good luck.
I've been leaving mine next to my bed so I remember to take them before I go to bed....unfortunately I moved them for some crazy reason which is why I know I've forgotten! Will be putting them back right now!

D

DELATEXT

Hope you get your meds sorted, try to relax, enjoy the summer, listen to some great music etc
all the best !!:salut: