• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Katss gets to grapple Simon Hughes Lib-dem MP for Southwark & Bermondsey on MH and Sickness cuts.... with

K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Katss gets to grapple Simon Hughes Lib-dem MP for Southwark & Bermondsey on MH and Sickness cuts.... with

So off I goes to a party, what with it being the Christmas and all its good to try and get into the spirit, even though really want to rave in the freezing cold under a concrete flyover....

At said party was a lib dem MP goes by the name of Simon Hughes, also the Minister for, get this, minister for Family Justice of all things? At this party the said MP was seeming flavour of the month, getting about smiling beguilingy and posing for pictures with other party guests. All the posing and smiling was making one feel a bit sick really, the hypocrisy that as soon as a MP suit pops into the mix, people get strangely giddy and seem to forget the fact that the Govt Austerity cuts are causing misery, poverty and hard times to many who were at the said Party?

Soon he gets up to the mic and begins to talk how much he supports, and, supports, and pupports to support and wrap his self in cream, about how much good the charity does (people know they work and go there, and make it happen)? Tells us its great so many (more) people are using the facilities at the said Charity. At this point I almost lose the plot and think to throw my shoe at his head, so sick was I to hear the posturing speweing out of his fizzog.

So I kinda shouts "The reason so many need the charity is cos ATOS and you have taken all their money and subjected them to more henious vicious cuts!" The said Charity has also lost 80% of its funding? Cue to silence and daggers in my direction, then while I storm off to the safety of another room to calm down, seeing only me seems to have issue with the hypocritical narrative being spoken.

Where upon a few followed me, in support maybe not sure, and sat a bit non plusssed, still in mood from hell, I saying how many had died, and taken their own lives, how at a cost of reported 11 billion it has cost the country to install ATOS to hound people off of benefits? And all that has occurred is deepend poverty and a system in utter chaos.

Cut to the chase, finally he stopped posturing and began fake mingling again, sees my chance and goes in for the kill. I approach him and fake say how great it is, that he is mixing it up at the party etc, and he buys it. Then I start with how is it that ATOS and all the cuts are still going on and why arnt the Govt doing something differently? He does not like this, admitted ATOS were not fit for purpose, he then proudly proclaims that there is a new company in place, from get this folks Scandinavia? To take over ATOS vile job? When inform him that there can hardly be any more people to left to be taken off of benefits? He tries to say that some people have been helped, I tell him at grass roots that simply is not the case. And that people are suffering losing benefits cant pay the bedroom tax and its a system in tatters.

What is scary is that he supports this in his words 'scrutinising' of benefits? When I explain that would it be a better use of funds to use the 12 or so Billions it has cost to bring in another private company of security Guards and thugs, (strangely he did not argue this), to hound people off of benefits but use the money to help and support the sick and disabled into proper work and or help them live a decent life? He says they cannot keep paying out thousands? So he advocates and supports sanctions a private Company he did not know the name yet, to hound and get you all off of benefits and into a life of purgatory?

When challenged on the best people to assess and deal with the complex and changing needs of benefits entitlements for the sick and disabled, are actually the MH proffessionals, the GPs and Healthcare workers. These are the best means of assessing people who have already been assessed as being eligible for benefits. Not a band of private company thugs, who are not trained in healthcare for the sick and disabled? At this he appeared a bit speechless and jostled around a bit, trying to push me into a corner, literally, so I jostled him around a bit more and got my self free.

Upshot was foks, oh and another interesting fact, thought it was The Con-dems that had brought in ATOS? Think again folks it was your lovely Labour Govt what did that? Yea and they and our Con-dems are more than happy to keep it going? Shocked you will be. Basically, what is saddening and depressing is that they do want a company to earn more dissecting and inspecting your benefit needs, than they want to pay to keep people well, alive and living a decent existence.

But depressingly the case is that they really would rather pay a band of, no zenofobia intended, but a private company of untrained security guards, from another country to tell you, their citizens, who surely they should be looking after, to tell you what you are, and worse what you are not entitled to. Good luck with the Scandinavians, write and tell your MPs what you think about this folks. You heard it here first.

katss

Last edited:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Katss, i've always admired you anyway - but you're a total hero in my eyes.

This is exactly what needs to be happening more. Stop all the ego wanking and tell your local politician exactly how it is.

Interestingly, there's some sort of weird thing where my MP can't actually vote in parliamentary things because she's a secretary for someone a bit higher up than her?
It's a pity, because I actually agree with her on lots of things and she does a lot to support people with MH issues.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dear MP.

Please accept my thanks to the government and the people of the country for the continued support. The cost of living is getting out of hand for everyone. I'm working very hard on my Recovery. I think I would have progressed much faster if there had been suitable alternative approaches provisioned, especially psychotherapy and recovery houses. I hope to return to full-time employment in the near future.

Thank you,

Mad Constituent

-----------

something like that, you mean?

If this ATOS replacement is coming from Scandinavia then that might be great news. Have a little peek at the social democratic Scandinavian welfare model.

You'll piss your pants.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
PS

Can you please proceed with Andrew Lansleys Personalisation promises and make personal choice a reality for all disabled people and also give equality in service provision bidding to peer-led ventures?

K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Awww, jee thanks people, did try, and where it gets if anywhere is pure speculation, but he did seem uncomfortable, and was not liking the fact had done my homework, someone from the team did overhear, said "good on y girl", said what good did it do, she said actually he did seem to listen, you can but try?

katss

K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dear MP.

Please accept my thanks to the government and the people of the country for the continued support. The cost of living is getting out of hand for everyone. I'm working very hard on my Recovery. I think I would have progressed much faster if there had been suitable alternative approaches provisioned, especially psychotherapy and recovery houses. I hope to return to full-time employment in the near future.

Thank you,

Mad Constituent

-----------

something like that, you mean?

If this ATOS replacement is coming from Scandinavia then that might be great news. Have a little peek at the social democratic Scandinavian welfare model.

You'll piss your pants.
Just like that rass, to tired apparently its true he don't know name (yet) and he says they are a Scandinavian firm, firm of what you may ask, as I said security guards and thugs, but we shall seem what is it about the Scandinavian welfare model?

katss

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
scandinavian welfare system is earnings-linked, as it used to be here not so many years ago

maternity leave for men and women is very generous

and so on and so forth

moreso in norway I would expect

I thought the new company were going to be from USA. maybe he was curling a spinner around your head, who knows

but gusto is in short supply and youve got it :)

L

lovagemuffin

you should have just thrown your shoe at his head for the immense satisfaction LOL

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

hmmm!...

you leave me little choice katss...

you are easily the most interesting person I have not met!

your mind is something I aspire to have.... but have 'enough of mine'... to appreciate yours.!

dm

K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Seriously guys, its no biggie you would have all done the same. Could say the timing was proper off, Christmas and all, say it was perfect, i.e. catching him unawares, he assumed he was belle of the ball, so that's fair game, go in all charming, then aim straight for the juggler vein.

He does appear popular, a woman came along mid the tirade and thanked him profusely for getting her freedom pass? The crux is, that he still supports and indeed wants a bill that totally is in favour of stopping, and bullying people being eligible for freedom passes and benefits? Hence the timing perfect.

He also spoke very loudly, and in pure monotone, that is to drive you mental, and his body language very full on, e.g. trying to jostle me into a corner, its all tactics, you just have to stand your ground, and Politian's contradict, he said to me very accusingly at one point, "It is very telling how you don't even know this new companys name"? How could I, when reminded him that as am MP he did not know the name or indeed who they were?

He may have been spinning a yarn, probably he does not even know, what I still cannot get my head around is spending £11 billion on a system that wants to slash a budget of 40% of true spending? Really think they truly believe that there are swathes of people just claiming sickness benefit, when that totally truly is not the case.

And then people are contradictory and hilarious, some who were nodding in seeming support of the challenge to him, then proudly and happily posed for pictures to be taken with Mr Hughes! Ha, ha, ha, it's Politics and its a dirty game.:evil::innocent::scared:

katss

Last edited:
K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well there has to be a bit of the hugging going on tis Christmas after all?

katss