Katie Mottram on Spirituality and Mental Distress

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Another very good article with Katie here discussing the need for a transformation of psychiatry & integration of the spiritual into understanding psychological & emotional distress -

Mending the Gap between Spiritual Experience and Psychiatry – How the Bridge is Forming
Watkins Books/16 May 2017

https://flipboard.com/@watkinswisdom/watkins-wisdom-in1j96e7y/mending-the-gap-between-spiritual-experience-and-psychiatry-–-how-the-bridge-is-/a-2aW_BPfKRwCLl69VvnP4qg:a:581927689-7b13b3a547/watkinsmagazine.com

B

BrianHorlicks

Haven't I been saying this,
On here,
A long time ago,
And on many occasions,
And discussed this with you,
CPU?!

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
On here,
A long time ago,
And on many occasions,
CPU?!
i've been saying it for 35 years - & made some 80 Thousand posts on this forum & posted for 12 years on-line on the subject.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
On here,
A long time ago,
And on many occasions,
CPU?!
Just as it's wrong (imo) to say that everything that comes under mental health is biological, so too i think it's wrong to say that everything is spiritual emergency / emergence - it's Not.

Things cross biological, psychological / emotional, sociological / environmental & spiritual / transpersonal ranges. Things are often multi-factorial.

Some people are severely mentally unwell.

As far as i know Katie Never experienced really severe psychosis, & was Never forced hospitalised / medicated. She's one of the lucky ones, as you are. i don't think it pays to romanticise or play down the severity of what some people experience.

https://digital.library.adelaide.edu.au/dspace/bitstream/2440/47986/8/02whole.pdf