Just when I thought life was getting better

B

Barcud_Coch

Finally got a job after two years of depression/mental illness. Have been there nearly 4 months. Things have been going fairly well, have had feelings of self worth, my job is my life, sort of thing. But recently... Things have taken a turn for the worse. SH for the first time in months. Have even been drinking tonight, on a Monday! Know it's a shit coping method, but I have to work tomorrow and SHing again can't happen. Need some other way to cope. Feel like it's all falling away again. Still single, the reason I fell into depression in the first place, can't see ever being in a relationship. Really struggling to see being alive for much longer. No plans to do anything drastic, but worried that things will get worse and worse until I see no other option. Yet again

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Have you had any therapy? It would help you with your coping methods and stopping things before they get really bad.

S

subbareddy

The conditions you are suffering because of your extreme thinking. Be normal. Don't think in extreme. Try therapies or exercises that gonna help you.